Tech and Stuff (Virus)

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

R_Head
Berserk

Tech and Stuff (Virus)

Postby R_Head » 20 Apr 2020, 22:54

Have anybody wonder, China is not producing a darn thing, stuff comes from China. Either assmebled equipment and/or parts. Have you guys considered the posibility of Communications breakdown? Cell Towers might quit working due to parts, cell phones might be scarced and/or pricey as heck. Electronics, hard to come by.

I am building a CB Home Base in case cell phones quit working and my daugher, has a CB Radio on her Jeep. We might see the return of CB and Ham Radios. No only that, CB Radios are far cheaper than Cell Phones and does not need to pay for a subscription to be used, just some electrical power and go... :think:

Get them now when nobody are looking for them and prices are down. :T

What about puters....?

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Tech and Stuff (Virus)

Postby dedanna1029 » 23 Apr 2020, 06:30

It doesn't all come from China. ;)
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 24 Apr 2020, 01:19

Exactly.... either Chips, PC Boards or full Assemblies. Got me 3 Baofeng portable HAM Radios UV-5R. Great radio, excellent reviews, bad ass tiny radios. A pack of 2, 8W Mk 4 with Computer program cable and charger $99 in amazon prime. Got an older model, same capabilities, 4W, brand new, $25. I am stacking with some commo tech while nobody wants it.

This is the 4W $25 one.

Also, my Veggie Garden got lettuce already growing, ready for picking. Mellons, Strawberries, Cabages, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Peppers, Mint, Cillantro, Beets, Onions... all doing well. My wife is getting a Chicken Run and Coop, nice fresh eggs.

Aint waiting for the Gov Co, not eating their FEMA Chow. :T

I made more raised bed, so far 10, are going to be 16.

Check the lettuce out.
Last edited by R_Head on 29 Apr 2020, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Apr 2020, 22:33

WOW. You are getting on it! Wish I could - I live in a downstairs apartment. :-P
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 29 Apr 2020, 02:03

I got 10 so far, weather has been shitty, raining when I get time to it, sunny when I am doing some else (indoors) :f

There is a program called CHIRP, is supported on Linux. Downloaded from the MCC on Mageia 6, worked right out of the gate. Can program those radio frequencies in "Channels", upgrade the Firmware and backup their images on IMG and Settings CSV files.

Tested the newer ones, the MK4 (8 Watts) and with the stock antenna, it has like a 2 mile radious range, from my daughter's room and me inside the Jeep with a couple of hills in between.

Impressive little radios and so cheap !!!

We also got 5 chickens and 2 bunnies for my girl. The red potatoes are blooming like crazy, still waiting for the other spuds to wake up. The Beets graduated from the Red Cups to the ground. Just ate a salad with the lettuce, pretty darn good, also, we got our 1st strawberry. Garden is working out and for me as a 1st timer, I am blown with the results. The chickens and the bunnies love the lettuce, I know why :lol:

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 02 May 2020, 21:13

Very good!
No gods, no masters.

Return to “The Lounge”