What are you listening to right now?

What do we like? Where do we get it? What are you listening to?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Aug 2010, 07:31

Viking, meant to mention that I've really come to love the album "The Understanding" by Röyksopp, which I was able to get after you posted them. Beautiful video this one, btw:

I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 30 Aug 2010, 13:19

If I am not mistaken, the GEICO commercial with the Cavemen at the Airport.
The music that you hear for background was a tune from Röyksopp.
I think it was Remind Me or some like that...

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Aug 2010, 16:33

This one? I don't watch t.v. so wouldn't know.

I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 30 Aug 2010, 17:29

yeah, that one.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 Aug 2010, 06:08

Well, I'll tell ya what. I just got in from one of the worst days I've had in AGES, my car crapped out on me out of town, they won't have parts for it until in the morning, it's an expensive fix (alternator is what it was; totally crapped on me), I had to get the battery charged THREE times, and even then the car would only go 'til the next time I stopped (and one of the times it crapped was in the middle of the frikking street, a busy one). :( I have an app't in the morning I have to make, as well as several other things tomorrow (oh well, guess I won't get to go to Lubbock this coming weekend). At least I have someone who can bring me the alternator in the morning, but even then, I got no one to put it on. I'm currently a sitting frikking duck at home.

BUT, there was one thing I was so thankful for throughout the day, that I had this album on my mp3 player, my mp3 player was charged, and I had it with me. I seriously don't think I would have stayed even as sane as I did through the day without it and the thought that Viking had suggested it (further back in the thread). I fell in love with this album, in particular (but not only) this song, I don't know how many times:

Thank you Viking. Seriously. I'm sorry to keep posting songs off of this, but I really really love it, and the more I listen, the more I love it. If that doesn't calm the soul, I don't know what does. Put me in a whole 'nother world, and really all I could do today was do my best to stay in the world it put me in.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 31 Aug 2010, 10:30

Yes Røyksopp are great! Here is something to calm your soul too the next time your car breaks down.
My Norwegian friends Vamp:

And Madrugada are good for it to:

If the above does not work
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 31 Aug 2010, 15:09

I know K, cars sometimes can be a pain in the rear, specially foreigner ones. :cry:

The Honda Prelude that I used to have was a money pit, learned my lesson on that one and also learned to do it myself.

One of the most expensive parts of any car repair are not the parts per se, is the Labor.
Can be as high as $100 an hour. :|

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 Aug 2010, 15:11

Yeah, it's up to $80 here. May be more. That was 3 yrs ago. :o

For those who don't know, my car is an '87 Acura Legend LS, V6, 2.7-L, 2 door coupe. It can be a honey of a car, in particular (but not only) on the highway, but there's a lot it needs now. I should've known the alternator was going to go out though; it went out 3 yrs ago, and I put a refurbished alternator on it. More than high time for it to go out; I think it was supposed to only be good for three years. Eh, well, with not working right now (except an enterprising thing or two), I wouldn't have had the $s to replace it even if I had remembered about it. 3 yrs is a long time for a 1-yr alternator.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 Aug 2010, 15:15

Think I'll stfu about the car now. This is a music thread after all. :lol:
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 31 Aug 2010, 16:51

You can play 409 from the Beach Boys, or Little G.T.O. by Ronnie and the Daytonas, or Mustang Sally by Wilson Picket, or Little Honda from the Beach Boys (but in this case talks about a motorcycle).

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 31 Aug 2010, 18:26

Yeah I feel some car music coming up
:A

And I have always wondered why this lady wanted a car - she could never have driven one:

And finally some music for the ultimate car - It is completely without competition and beyond compare. Simply a dream :!:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 31 Aug 2010, 18:53

Good driving music...

Radar Love by Golden Earring

I Drove All Night by Cyndi Lauper

Last edited by R_Head on 31 Aug 2010, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music”