This, is NOT good.

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: This, is NOT good.

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Jul 2010, 08:20

Right. To constantly adjust it is one thing. In this case, they're pretty much throwing it out. :\
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 28 Jul 2010, 13:20

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Jul 2010, 15:56

Lessee...

Winston Churchill
(30 November 1874 – 24 January 1965)<-- (Context)

<snip>

one of the great wartime leaders<-- (Yep, I'm sure had he still been alive, he and GWB would've loved each other)

<snip>

honorary citizen of the United States<--At approximately the onslaught of the Vietnam War)

<snip>

was campaigning against Indian independence<-- (Who really wanted taxes? What other reason could there be? England raped India for YEARS, in more than one way)

<snip>

--->Churchill also assisted in passing the People's Budget becoming President of the Budget League, an organisation set up in response to the opposition's "Budget Protest League". The budget included the introduction of new taxes on the wealthy to allow for the creation of new social welfare programmes.

<snip>

-->The budget was then passed following the Parliament Act 1911 for which he also campaigned. In 1910, he was promoted to Home Secretary. His term was controversial, after his responses to the Siege of Sidney Street and the dispute at the Cambrian Colliery and the suffragettes.

Think I don't need to say more. Appears to me he actually liked taxing for profit. To oblivion no less.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Jul 2010, 16:27

@Boss, you're probably wondering why I'm not moving this to Politics & Religion yet. It's because it's a hot topic with new members. I'd like for them to have access when not signed in just for now please? Thanks.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 28 Jul 2010, 16:45

No problem -Whatever you say 8-)
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Jul 2010, 17:38

Thanks so much!
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 28 Jul 2010, 18:44

I know K we can go on a He said She said thing for ages and our current situations still the same and no solution to a the real issue.

+1

Last time I saw a war of quotes were some Bible Thumpers (and I do apologize for the term in advance but I do not know any other term that describe people that uses the Bible for their selfish gains) using the Holy Book to tell who was wrong. :lol:
Last edited by R_Head on 28 Jul 2010, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Jul 2010, 18:46

Right. And that's exactly why I never pull out quotes.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 28 Jul 2010, 18:48

I just saw that quote today and I find it so true and the analogy is so witty to the point of "smart assness" that I could not resist to post it. :D

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Jul 2010, 18:54

But it's not true. I showed the hypocrisy in it right there in that bio of Churchill.

Nothing can be true that can be disputed and used against the person saying it.

I do see what you're saying, but I disagree. Pure and simply. We can not bail this country out, nor can England, without raising taxes at this time. That's the reality of it whether we like it or not, it's global economy. Also, what Churchill said, as I said, put into context for the times that he said it (and consider the hypocrisy in it). He retired in '55 for chrissakes. This is one fucked-up global economy in 2010.

Need a mental butt-kicking? I'll sure give you a very realistic one. It's why the boss loves me. :mrgreen:
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 28 Jul 2010, 19:36

And again the only one out is destroy it all and start all over from scratch.

Lets face it, the republic is dying and it has been proven countless times in history that empires and nations does not last forever. We are having now what people despite about the Old World, clans, families, groups that achieve control of the nation and they are eroding it. The only way fix it is migrate to another place and start from scratch or ditch it all and start all over again from scratch.

The Aircraft Industry is the same way, were lots of manufacturers at the 3rd decade of the 20th Century now a handful that are contemplating to fragment again since there is too much overhead.

Kind of a big bang theory.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Jul 2010, 20:22

Your opinion.

However, that's not the answer for England (which is the topic of this thread). Totally different reality there than what we have (other than they need to get their own economy in shape as well)

I know too damn many people personally who fought for and with the current medical system they have there, and it's all being torn to shreds. That's fucked up. And, it's a system I sure could use here. I'd fight tooth and nail for it (as that would fight tooth and nail against the current fucked up system we have here). So, with so many who think the same system should be implemented here, that says something for it.

From what I understand, the administration that was voted in not too long ago there, is not so great. I'm wondering how much of this is their doing. Go Cameron. Not.
No gods, no masters.

Return to “General News”