Bandwidth Throttling! Here is the Solution.

Every day solutions to every day challenges. + Brilliant stuff

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

Forum rules
Please feel free to post your tip it does not have to be advanced. Also ask questions directly related to the tip here. But do not start new threads with questions or ask for help here. That is what the help section is for. forum rules: http://bjoernvold.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=568
viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Bandwidth Throttling! Here is the Solution.

Postby viking60 » 04 Dec 2017, 21:30

Helpful indeed! Thanks :s

Just remember that avoiding throttling not necessarily secures your privacy since the ISP can still spoof the sites you visit via the plain text DNS request.

For this you need DNS traffic to be encrypted too.

I use (Free) Touch VPN ( not recommending it - just using it right now)+ DNScrypt
DNS Leaking" happens when your system, even after you've connected to a a VPN or anonymity network like Tor, continues to query your ISP's DNS servers every time you visit a new website, connect to a new server, or fire up a new internet-connected application. Ultimately, it means that even though your traffic is encrypted, your ISP—or worse, anyone snooping on the "last mile" of your internet connection (aka, the network between your computer and your ISP)—can clearly see everything you connect to you're going on the internet and every site you visit on the web

:A
https://lifehacker.com/how-to-boost-you ... -510386189
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Rockalbert

Postby Rockalbert » 23 Dec 2017, 15:51

This was really helpful....thanks.
But still I have some stuff I don't understand...
DorsalgiaHyperthymesiaPiercing

DavidBurrows

Postby DavidBurrows » 17 Sep 2018, 10:41

Thanks, I had the same issue bandwidth choking or slowing down of Internet speed by an isp and I have recently solved it with the help of Bypass Isp Throttling VPN.

Regards,

Return to “Tips & Tricks”