Estonia's digital government

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Estonia's digital government

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Apr 2018, 05:41

I'm highly interested in Estonia's digital first government, after seeing this on the news tonight. Evidently they use KSI blockchain for security. I'd be even more interested to know what operating system they use.
Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHiq5UfxePA
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Estonia's digital government

Postby R_Head » 30 Apr 2018, 12:10

I am a bit skeptical about Digital voting. Anything that is created with a computer is prone to manipulation. The blockchain can be used on any OS.

Mark Maloney explains it very easily and the new one that is coming, Hashgraph.

https://youtu.be/SF362xxcfdk

Rumor has it.... The Blockchain is a creation of the NSA along with Central Banks.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 30 Apr 2018, 14:57

That system needs the population to enter all their data into government servers. Health, income, taxes etc.
These servers are controlled by someone apointed by the government.

If hacked; then everybody is scr... and if the government decides to go behind peoples backs they are scr.. too.

If those massive amounts of data are gathered in one place then the pigs will gather around that through.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Apr 2018, 17:36

They have a backup system however, in another country (see video).
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 02 May 2018, 09:10

Yeah so they are giving up national control of that database too...that helps.
We have taxes completely electronically here too. It means that the government know more about us then we do about them.

We can only hope that someone like Kim Il Jung is not elected....

The problems with all these systems are that the reigning governments all over the world think that they are absolutely trustworthy unlike other governments they know of.

Kim IL Jung's government think that they are absolutely trustworthy unlike the US or south Korea.....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 02 May 2018, 16:22

Well, he'd be right re: the US.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 03 May 2018, 00:37

Kim is the least of my worries, he wants to westernize NK. The problem is, the Swamp wants a Boogieman.

Is all about warmongering business.

Keep en eye on China and India, a place called Bhutan. The reason for the fight is Water. These 2 Cats have Nukes and you do not hear a peep on the Media.

Now, Israel is picking a bone with Iran and wants the US to jump in with them. These jerkoffs are the type of individuals that start crap and then they hide.

Here is a nice bed time story. Research on the USS Liberty... long story short, Israel attacked with guns and torpedoes an unarmed ship. Also used unmarked Aircrafts to do the deed. The US almost dumped few Nukes in Egipt via Airplanes from a Carrier that was stationed in the Mediterranean. After finding out the Isralies attacked the ship via a radio transmission from the ship itself, the attack stopped. Their excuse, it was a mistake, seriously? All they wanted for the US to do their dirty work.

They are canaving, backstabbers.... Netanyahu was the one that convinced the US congress to attack Iraq on the false accusation of Sadam developing Nukes.

The US should stopped arming and giving monetary aid to these clowns. Then ask you a question, who runs the US Banking System, Hellywood, the Main Stream Media? :think:

Just connect the dots.

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 03 May 2018, 02:55

R_Head wrote:Kim is the least of my worries, he wants to westernize NK. The problem is, the Swamp wants a Boogieman.

Is all about warmongering business.

Keep en eye on China and India, a place called Bhutan. The reason for the fight is Water. These 2 Cats have Nukes and you do not hear a peep on the Media.

Now, Israel is picking a bone with Iran and wants the US to jump in with them. These jerkoffs are the type of individuals that start crap and then they hide.

Here is a nice bed time story. Research on the USS Liberty... long story short, Israel attacked with guns and torpedoes an unarmed ship. Also used unmarked Aircrafts to do the deed. The US almost dumped few Nukes in Egypt via Airplanes from a Carrier that was stationed in the Mediterranean. After finding out the Isralies attacked the ship via a radio transmission from the ship itself, the attack stopped. Their excuse, it was a mistake, seriously? All they wanted for the US to do their dirty work.

They are canaving, backstabbers.... Netanyahu was the one that convinced the US congress to attack Iraq on the false accusation of Sadam developing Nukes.

The US should stopped arming and giving monetary aid to these clowns. Then ask you a question, who runs the US Banking System, Hellywood, the Main Stream Media? :think:

Just connect the dots.

to an extent you are right! the biggest problem here in the us is that money talks and the shiftless politicians listen hard!
we only find out about the turds after they get themselves entrenched in public office and are nearly impossible to remove.
we cannot trust any of our media outlets to provide the unbiased truth Period. for they are also holding their hand out for money.
and Hollywood (the whole damn place should be sunk into the nearest volcano).
those twits have absolutely no idea how their extravagance affects the rest of the country
a typical actor makes more money per episode than i made in 10 years of work! and they have the gall to whine about supposed piracy affecting their royalties?
you also have these twits manipulating politicians with their money! What resources do we have to counteract that?

every other country forms an opinion on how Americans are based on the jaded news feeds they receive and i know its the same here, I cannot trust the media to state the truth

quite honestly i wish that any news agency would be held accountable for the truth and revocation of licenses should be mandatory for failure to provide truth or spreading false news, But Im not holding my breath over it!
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 03 May 2018, 20:19

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 03 May 2018, 20:24

I found it... https://youtu.be/QRW5IwD7zYw

He uses real clips of Netanyahu telling lies to the US Congress for the US to attack Iraq.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 29 May 2018, 02:57

Netanyahu is an asshole. Period.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 31 May 2018, 02:14

I think, the most honest voting system is having an Identification to prove who you are and a paper ballot. Might be an archaic system but will make it dificult to tamper and is visible to everyone that is counting. That is fool proof, absolutely not, but the errors/cheating are much harder to do.

When the system is centralized, like a Cloud Service, it makes the tampering much easier to do.

Return to “The Lounge”