fire police

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

gnuuser
Berserk

fire police

Postby gnuuser » 16 Apr 2018, 04:23

Our fire police are generally treated with respect most of the time. but sometimes we are treated like sh!t even by some of the other guys in the department.

we are there as the first line of defence to protect the police officers and fire-fighters, and ems by controlling traffic.
we are the last to leave a scene after it is cleared. we are out there in all types of weather, all hours of the night or day
many of us are older personnel who for medical reasons cannot participate in interior fire fighting. yet many of us would like to!
people often wonder why some of us are bitter,

when you have to put up with abuse from members of your own department, or by motorist's who constantly label you as wannabe cop.
(drunk, distracted, disruptive, disdainful, and dumb) are the 5 d's we have to deal with
when you are bombarded with abuse by people who do not comprehend the laws we have to abide by (even if they are in your own department),
being last in line for training or safety gear.
the laws we have to abide by are stricter than what the public has to!

If the fire police aren't there that means a fire fighter has to man that place to direct traffic, or a police officer has to do it and cant investigate the scene,
and ems personnel can expect delays in getting to the scene.
all that means someone could die or their home could burn down for not enough personnel

yet many fire fighter forums say we are worthless and tell us we should not be allowed to run lights or sirens!

sorry for the rant just a bit P!$$ed at peoples attitudes
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: fire police

Postby viking60 » 21 Apr 2018, 03:49

It is the bicycle syndrome. Bow the head upwards and kick downwards. It is generally a sign of low confidence and lots of complexes.
So just ignore those small people.... blowing steam seems to work too.. :berserk2 :berserkf
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

gnuuser
Berserk

Re: fire police

Postby gnuuser » 21 Oct 2018, 17:29

you never know what your going to find!
got a call late at night for traffic control for debris in the road, got down there expecting tree branches in the rad only to see the troopers doubled over laughing WTH! is this a joke?
Turned on the work lights so we could see better and about wet myself laughing.
scattered all over the road was a lot of sexy brass and panties and a few adult toys :o The gals in the department teased the juniors outrageously with them

left my phone on the charger so i couldn't get photos of the scene
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

Return to “The Lounge”