Can't log in to Windows 10

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Can't log in to Windows 10

Postby viking60 » 16 Nov 2017, 22:58

Windows has issues with logging in and simply to shut people out.
It happened on Windows 7 and now it has happened to me on a fairly vanilla Windows 10 after an upgrade,

This is highly inconvenient! And the solution would be to start a Windows rescue from a dongle which almost certainly will ruin my dual Linux install.

I got a cryptic message that my hardware was disconnected and that I should use the old password....what password???! :confused
Maybe that Windows update could not coexist as a dual boot or maybe the update simply sucked.

So not only is Windows 10 considerably slower on this computer than Manjaro Linux it is also way more unstable and error prone.
Remember we are talking about cutting edge (Arch based) Manjaro here and it is way more stable.

If you run a business that is expensive and if you run a private computer: lucky you! it is way easier to convert to Linux then,

Of course all your data can be rescued with a rescue DVD and be usable under Linux.

I think I will simply delete my Windows partition and use Linux on the entire computer.

Windows 10 ended up as a big disappointment.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3138820 ... drive.html

It might just be that my Windows password has been disconnected by the cloud In which case it should be easier to recover without destroying my Linux.

But right now I do not feel like complying to that kind of occupation therapy.....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

gnuuser
Berserk

Re: Can't log in to Windows 10

Postby gnuuser » 19 Nov 2017, 01:47

yes i could have told you this because all windows 10 was designed around is ad-ware (hidden) I have been converting more people to linux (using peppermint and Ubuntu mate and so far i haven’t heard any complaints.
win 10 focuses on cloud storage which is fine for some who don’t care where their data is, But my business depended on ultra security (Locksmithing shop) information storage for clients is extremely sensitive and i go to extraordinary lengths to protect that data
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 19 Nov 2017, 04:37

The whole mantra is to make people ignorant/lazy. Let the "Expert Technocrats" take care of protecting you so you can enjoy the mundane trivialities of life.

All that does is creating a dependancy for the drones. Free thinking and trouble solving is not part of the agenda.

Should read Theodore Kaczynski's "Industrial Society and Its Future" paper, good reading and is about 30 some pages long, good reading.

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 22 Nov 2017, 01:50

or better yet bring back this show (kind reminds you of the crap they are pulling now
and this was made in the 80's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYdpOjletnc
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 14 Dec 2017, 00:37

neighbors brand new laptop was hijacked with ransome ware would only let the compuer log onto their site and locked everyone out of network config files and network tools, could not boot usb or optical drives. :f

i ended up removing the hard drive and wiping it on a stand alone pc. then repartitioning, and installation of peppermint 8
after clearing bios and reflashing i have restored control of the hardware, put the hard drive back in everything works perfectly! :A

told her she can order the original discs online if she wants to
she said " hell no i like the linux better" :jackpot
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 14 Dec 2017, 12:59

:D

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Aug 2018, 19:52

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm not able to be here much, and see things when I see them...
Just wanted to remark that Max Headroom was f*cking CLASSIC! Great post there!
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 29 Aug 2018, 13:09

:A yep early example of computer animation.
Most likely written in q-basic and sound edited
Awesome show still.
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :

eianz

Postby eianz » 03 Sep 2018, 12:32

The ultimate reason win 10 sucks is the inclusion of adware services that can execute any time without prompt or permissions

Blackcrack

Postby Blackcrack » 04 Sep 2018, 07:48

apropo.. can't login in windows.. i have install WinNT10 .. up to create a account --> on Microsoft.. (very small->create a alternative account)
(not to be stay there, create a local account (on your Computer) ) nooo, then the 2dn try try to create a alternate account => nope, Try to create a Microsoft account -->press again, create a alternative account-->

or so, i was very impressive how microsoft try to move the peoples to an Microsoft Account with the new installed windows where whant create a account for the user ..
(and how angry i be about to be no more free.. like you must be in Facebook to can read the content)

treat yourself to the fun in VBox and pay attention on this.

i hate MS ever more .. make slaves and not free peoples, to make mo' money ..!

it's time to have a usable Reactos ..

best regards
blacky

Return to “Win News”