Geniuses lining up!

Not the Beatles record company. Not the fruit.. What could it be...

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Geniuses lining up!

Postby viking60 » 03 Nov 2017, 15:07

It is time for the immensely intelligent people to line up in front of an Apple store to buy phones again.

They spend the night in front of it and freeze their but's of to be ripped off - Geniuses indeed.

There are even people there who are not fans and simply bet on the principle of a greater idiot; meaning that they hope to make a profit when they sell the iPhone to ....a Genius.

For that you will get facial recognition, iris recognition, fingerprint scan - the works - to keep you nicely categorized in Apple and governmental databases.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Geniuses lining up!

Postby R_Head » 03 Nov 2017, 18:04

A business opportunuty to a scam the Fan Boys, very smart move :lol:

Scalpers !!!!! :berserkf

I read about the facial recognition... what happens if I place a photo on front to the phone. It will unlock? :think:

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Geniuses lining up!

Postby viking60 » 05 Nov 2017, 15:23

Finally that facial recognition thing is beginning to spook privacy experts.
App makers who want to use the new camera on the iPhone X can capture a rough map of a user’s face and a stream of more than 50 kinds of facial expressions. This data, which can be removed from the phone and stored on a developer’s own servers, can help monitor how often users blink, smile or even raise an eyebrow.

:A
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple ... SKBN1D20DZ

The gathering of data just for the sake of gathering has to stop. They all promise that they will not use the data or peek. ....so why gather them?

(Rhetorical question there)
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Apple”