Toshiba in trouble

Business as usual?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Toshiba in trouble

Postby viking60 » 14 Feb 2017, 10:43

The Japanese Tech giant -Toshiba - has postponed the publication of the quarterly earnings.

This is not a good sign since the delay probably means that the results are weaker than indicated. The market has sent the Toshiba shares down by 9 % anticipating worse results

Toshiba faces supervision under the security laws and delisting if the results are not presented today. Last year there was a book keeping scandal that cost many top leaders their job.

Toshiba's future may be at risk.

Toshiba is a Japanese tech flagship with roots back to 1875 and has been a world leader in tech development and holds a significant position in the development of Japans modern industry.

The company has 167000 employees.

Toshiba is seeking to sell parts of the company and may receive a Japanese bail out.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Toshiba in trouble

Postby R_Head » 15 Feb 2017, 01:38

The world economy is in a downward spiral. People are not buying things like they are used to. Saving their coins for hard times. Maersk and Hanjin are in financial troubles; loosing revenew by the minute. The last computer I bought was a Toshiba Satellite for my dad about 3 years ago. After he passed away, I installed Mageia 5 and added RAM to its 16GB maximum; no reason to replace.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 15 Feb 2017, 10:56

I have two Toshiba laptops and they are both running Linux. One is a Centos server and the other is Manjaro. Toshiba laps are good and do not have hardware limitations - like only running Windows.

Toshiba is way more than laptops. In fact the laptops hardly matter in this picture.
The Nuclear power plant activity in America, certainly does.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 31 Mar 2017, 15:07

I threw the laptop as a example. Of course, Toshiba makes a myrad of components for products and products. People are not buying as they used to and the Westinghouse debacle. Westinghouse has been reduced to just few things and they are the top USA builders of Nuclear Powerplants. The previous admin harped long and hard the so called "Clean Energy" that is nothing more than a taxation scam. Nuclear Poweplant businesses has been reduced. That adds to slowdown in the economy and Toshiba owns Westinghouse Nuclear business.

All is tied together and the #1 common denominator is the Globalistic Financial Agenda that is failing at a global scale; since all is interconnected financialy.

HBLEY

Postby HBLEY » 29 Apr 2017, 11:26

My dad bought Toshiba laptop from HongKong back in 2006 and believe it or not, it is still running.
Toshiba used to be a good quality brand but now everything is moving so fast and is very fragile.

sofiabovino

Postby sofiabovino » 13 Oct 2017, 13:27

I bought was a Toshiba Satellite for my dad about 3 years ago

jasmyndube

Postby jasmyndube » 12 Dec 2018, 13:55

HBLEY wrote:My dad bought Toshiba laptop from HongKong back in 2006 and believe it or not, it is still running.
Toshiba used to be a good quality brand but now everything is moving so fast and is very fragile. https://www.giannasgrille.com/phenq-review/

These was the best time to making toshiba in that time.. cheers :berserkf

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 16 Dec 2018, 06:05

Heck I still have a toshiba satellite L455D running linux and its still going strong, got it in 2006 as well
it could use a new battery but its fine otherwise
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

HBLEY

Postby HBLEY » 29 Mar 2019, 10:59

jasmyndube wrote:
HBLEY wrote:My dad bought Toshiba laptop from HongKong back in 2006 and believe it or not, it is still running.
Toshiba used to be a good quality brand but now everything is moving so fast and is very fragile. https://www.giannasgrille.com/phenq-review/

These was the best time to making toshiba in that time.. cheers :berserkf

Indeed.. just don't buy Toshiba today :coffee_smile:

Teddy5

Postby Teddy5 » 26 Oct 2023, 20:48

Toshiba has postponed its quarterly earnings publication, leading to a 9% drop in its shares, which suggests weaker results. The company faces potential delisting due to security law violations, with a history of leadership changes and scandals. Toshiba's future is uncertain, and it may seek to sell parts of the company or receive a Japanese bailouthttps://carolinaductandcrawl.com/

william2321

Postby william2321 » 20 Mar 2024, 01:11

In the heart of the bustling city, amidst the cacophony of life, there exists a quiet alleyway. Its cobblestone path weaves like a forgotten melody, whispering secrets of a bygone era. Shadows dance playfully between weathered buildings, painting stories on aged walls.

Here, time seems to stand still, offering refuge from the relentless march of progress. A lone bench sits beneath a canopy of ivy, inviting weary souls to linger and ponder the mysteries of existence.

In this hidden sanctuary, where the past and present converge, one can't help but marvel at the beauty of life's intricate tapestry, woven with threads of joy, sorrow, and everything in between. https://codmist.com

Return to “Business”