Thank you VW for proving the point

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Thank you VW for proving the point

Postby viking60 » 10 Nov 2015, 23:54

ImageImage
VW has always been one of the biggest and most serious car manufacturer in the world. Now they have proven an important point with the "Dieselgate" software.
It was closed source +1 If it had been open source the scandal would have been discovered after a few cars.

So even in the internet of things (Big things) it is extremely important that the software is open source and can be seen by thousands of eyes.

Having software do secret things that are damaging to us - we can't have that. :hand:

There is this sneaking feeling that not only VW produces software that does secret damaging things behind our backs...

It would be expensive if Microsoft with partners had to call back all computers on earth due to secret NSA backdoors in the software... :think:

How is that different?

Could the fact that the Germans revealed backdoors in Windows 8 have something to do with it? Backdoors that prevented them from using Windows 8 in the government?
The Germans have even questioned the trustworthiness of Microsoft. :shock:

The backdoors were found in the Trusted Platform Module. The Trusted Computing concept was standardised by the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) 10 years ago by these companies:
Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, AMD, and Hewlett-Packard.

They standardized how the TPM chip should cowork with the software. This was to prevent Trojans and Backdoors and implement DRM.

Ironically it was the Trusted Platform Module that contained the discovered NSA backdoors....

So is "Dieselgate" a deflection (to make those bothersome Germans shut up)?

Näh.. talk about vivid imagination and conspiracy theories!

Open source would have re-established the necessary trust one way or another though.

VW would have a few cars to fix and that would be it; so the car industry take the quality issues seriously - It is more uncertain how the computer and software industry treat these issues....

And it would be healthy - in the future - that not all companies that are making the standard are from one and the same country and even valley.

Trusted Computing has turned in to a way of Microsoft remotely controlling your computer. So the Germans (The Government) are clear on this point:
Der Einsatz der 'Trusted-Computing'-Technik in dieser Ausprägung … ist für die Bundesverwaltung und für die Betreiber von kritischen Infrastrukturen nicht zu akzeptieren.

"The use of the Trusted-Computing-Technology in this shape and form ...is unacceptable for the Government and for users of critical infrastructures. "
I know that this cannot be true because I got an answer from Microsoft regarding what windows 10 is gathering; and they told me that they are very trustworthy +1
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Thank you VW for proving the point

Postby dedanna1029 » 17 Jan 2016, 22:02

*cough cough ahem
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 18 Jan 2016, 14:03

The VW part is they proved the EPA test is bull crap, easy to foil and nothing more than political red tape. A scam and an attack. Back in the old days we went to war killing each other, now, is all a banking and economic war.

To me, the Germans and MS is more about a foreigner company running the gov system. Perhaps is not about finding patches and/or holes; is just plain and simple trust.

After Angela's phone been spied, do you think MS can be trusted?

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 18 Jan 2016, 14:27

If she had a Windows phone, then yes. Nonetheless, she was spied on by us (NSA), which raised all kinds of protests and safeguarding by her.

FYI, we haven't seen spying yet until the TPP goes into effect (and it will, I was shocked when I found out how many people don't even know about it still). How's your VWs going to be then with the trade disaster it will create?
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 18 Jan 2016, 16:27

Is WW3.

Bosch is involved too. Going after them because they made the PCM/ECM and the firmware. Also, Dyson accusing Bosch for cheating on the electric motors on their power consumption.

Is just "US" messing with the EU and the Russians and the Chinese and whoever wants to make a new market and/or economy.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 19 Jan 2016, 10:26

You mean something like this:
"The EU is messing with Apple and Microsoft so then we will mess with your Cars"?
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 19 Jan 2016, 15:33

Yes, the world is a business Mr Beale. That never gets old...

Also is a bit deeper than that. We are messing with the Russians and want the EU with their pesky Euro down the drain; in debt to "US". Just like the good old days of the Cold War. Massive military build up, keep our economy going. Make the 1% richer.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Jan 2016, 17:57

Now that, is very true. We can also go trillions more into debt and sabotage the country is another way of looking at it. We're already way in with China, we even train their military here. Why not let them take us completely over? We already have a police state anyway.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 19 Jan 2016, 20:54

I cannot say it any better....

Pressie's own words, and the crowd goes wild... !!!

How is working out for the ones that voted him in office; talk about Bush....

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Jan 2016, 23:01

I don't discriminate. I hate them both equally.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 20 Jan 2016, 00:24

What I meant is a lot of people blamed Bush for been a war monger; this jackass is no difference and perhaps worse.

The next pressie will be the patsy for the passed 200 + years of failure.

Listen to Bill Holter, made some pretty good observations.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 20 Jan 2016, 13:08

R_Head wrote:I cannot say it any better....

Pressie's own words, and the crowd goes wild... !!!

How is working out for the ones that voted him in office; talk about Bush....

How this fit on the puzzle?

Return to “The Lounge”