Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 issues with Linux Topic is solved

Need help with your Linux distro? All questions are good - not all answers are -but we try

Moderator: jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 issues with Linux

Postby viking60 » 28 Oct 2015, 18:19

I don't think "eth0" should be up first.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 29 Oct 2015, 03:01

The reason I asked is I was reading this. Although I am confused on a couple of things. If this kind of bridge necessary for a wireless connection for one, and for another, is this outdated, or can it still be done? It came from back in the kernel 2.x days.

So, I guess my question is, when I setup the wireless connection and it is testing the connection (which is part of its "routine" in this), should my eth go down during the test? Or should it stay up right along with the wlan being up?
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 29 Oct 2015, 11:05

I have them both up on my lap
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Oct 2015, 15:16

It works on public wireless! :)
Just not on my home connection lol
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 Oct 2015, 03:43

Guess what? It's now working at home, and I'm posting this now from Firefox in Mageia 5! :)

I was using the wrong API to try to connect with. See my last post on the bug. Thomas did it! He did it! :D :cheers +1 :dancer :party :mrgreen: :dance: :drummer :-D :greetings

It's time to partay! :)

I knew I had to be doing something wrong!
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 31 Oct 2015, 15:31

:jackpot Always good when it comes together.
Entering the connection data in the right place seems to have fixed it. That connection seems to have been working for some time so I suspected it was a matter of configuring/providing the data.

I noticed your
rusty systemd
comment in that bug so here is a crash course
To start a service once (as root):

Code: Select all

systemctl start <whatever>

This will not survive boot but is fine to use for testing.

To make it stick after every boot (as root):

Code: Select all

systemctl enable <whatever>

Once you get the hang of it you; it will be the same on most other distros.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 01 Nov 2015, 03:01

Thanks a bunch, I can use that. I have an issue on boot with attempts to load the legacy module (fedora-something-something) that I need to check out. Are you getting this on boot? load legacy module configuration or something like that?

Everyone needs to keep in mind as well that this means the API to create a wireless connection in MCC isn't working. That's the one that was failing for me.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 01 Nov 2015, 04:29

I'll be danged if I wasn't right on that. It's either that applet or it's XFCE.

I was in KDE all day almost, the connection was fine.
I then this evening went into XFCE4 to set it up and bam. The connection went down not five minutes in. It was stiil up on my phone, so who knows. I rebooted and the connection came back up but this is not good if I can't log into XFCE4 and stay up on the connection.

After another reboot, XFCE is acting quirky anyway.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 07 Nov 2015, 06:45

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.... :f :f :f

Just reinstalled Mageia, and no matter what I do, I can't get the damned thing to connect, yet the connection is right freaking there! No matter what applet I use, no matter what anything, it won't connect! I'm beginning to suspect that Network Manager could be buggy, heck I've seen worse happen. It's doing the "connection is down" thing, yet right when I login, I get the little popup in the bottom right of the tray that wifi connections are available!

I have followed Thomas' last instructions to the letter to get this going, and still. I've tried rebooting, I've tried shutting down, yet I get this every time, and then a box that says "Connection has failed."

Man, this is frustrating! :berserkf :f :evil:
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 07 Nov 2015, 07:51

I tried the things you said earlier in the thread to try, to no avail. You can see the outputs here.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 07 Nov 2015, 15:47

You shouldn't have reinstalled it after all that work. :naughty: It looks like the driver is not correctly loaded but then again you will get it to work; so that you can break it again anyway :mrgreen:
I Think you are back to square one and need to take it from there.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 07 Nov 2015, 16:39

I had to reinstall it. I had to shrink Windows so that I had more room for Mageia and Manjaro because I wanted to get Manjaro installed. I need Windows as small as possible. What I don't get is this all worked on the last install, wtf y'know? The exact same routine.
No gods, no masters.

Return to “Help”