Sound-Berserk

Fluendo goes Windows

Postby dedanna1029 » 16 Mar 2010, 02:03

Just received this in email:
Fluendo DVD Player 1.0.9

Now available for Windows OS

Fluendo DVD Player:

Now Fully Operational on Windows
After the success the Fluendo DVD Player had on Linux platforms, today we announce its release for Windows. This is a multiformat application profiting from Fluendo codecs. Fluendo DVD Player guarantees the two-channel mixdown of the Dolby Digital 5.1 movie soundtrack. Furthermore, Fluendo DVD Player offers a smooth playback with subtitles, audio selection and multiple angles.

Fluendo DVD Player means more value for a lower price, giving you the possibility to enjoy one of the best reproductions of Dolby 5.1 sound. Access multiple audio tracks and angles, properly access the DVD menus, view multi?language subtitles and more!
Features

* Full DVD Playback
* DVD Menu support
* Fullscreen support
* Dolby Digital pass-through
* Dolby Digital 5.1 output and stereo downmixing support
* Resume from last position support
* Subtitle support
* Audio selection support
* Multiple Angles support
* Support for encrypted discs
* Multiple video deinterlacing algorithms

Aw, crap, right when I was beginning to trust them... traitors. :o :(
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Fluendo goes Windows

Postby viking60 » 16 Mar 2010, 17:19

+1
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 17 Mar 2010, 15:43

I do not think is a bad idea.

People does not use MS because they want MS, they want some else that runs on MS and MS is the only choice at the Computer store. Therefore you are stuck with MS.

If Fluendo is ported also to MS, is like Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pidgin, Gimp and many others is easier to migrate to Linux if you are seeking those applications.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 17 Mar 2010, 20:09

Good point there. Might be a bit of "linux blindness" on our part. Everything that gets Linux going is good. (We'll never convince dedanna but I'll go allong with it) :D
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 17 Mar 2010, 21:07

The best part will be, since they are Open Source is cheaper or free. That will under bid other proprietary software. People want more for their money and that is not a no brainier.

One big thing that MS has and Open Source not is the Support Trust that comes from a paid service. Simply put, if I pay you to do some, I can "force" you to do some about it. If you give me free help, I can not really make you accountable. I think that concept is the biggest obstacle to Open Source and Linux in General. Just people does not trust when some is given, even me. Is kind of like... What is the catch? I am getting free Crack Samples so I can develop an addiction?

Kind of like that...

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 18 Mar 2010, 00:58

R_Head, I hate to burst your bubble, but please read my other Fluendo thread. They ported the MS version first, before the Linux port, and their one primary purpose up until now, was for Linux.

It's a low blow, and they can bite me for it.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Software”