Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Postby dedanna1029 » 17 Mar 2010, 14:51

Yep, it's that time again! Time to dance the jig, and drink Irish Coffee, get together with friends and celebrate! Don't forget to wear green today so you don't get pinched too much, and please, whatever you do, do it safely. We'd like to see you back here tomorrow.

I won't be celebrating much myself, but will wear green to work. No can drink any more,,, meds for my legs. :( I'm also going to be seeing the doctor today for that very thing, so... will explain about my legs in more detail later, but the disc degenerative disease I have in my neck is now down in my lumbar spine, and is affecting my legs. Not a good situation, but I'm hanging in there.

Anyway, it's not about me, it's about you, so please, don't drink and drive, get a designated driver instead. Most of all have fun! Not drinking any more has made me find all kinds of different ways to have fun. Maybe you can do the same today! :)

Edited to clear redundancy factor.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Postby viking60 » 17 Mar 2010, 20:13

St. Patrick's Day what's that? Are you in Ireland? :lol:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 17 Mar 2010, 21:45

I heard a crack pot idea that seems to work. Cheap and easy. Is to place a bar of Bathing/Shower Soap, any brand, under the covers by your feet while you sleep. It takes care of restless legs syndrome among other things. At least 2 people that I personally know reported that works.

What you have to loose? A bar of soap that you can reuse later? :lol:

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 18 Mar 2010, 00:41

Thanks R_Head, but this is a much deeper issue than that. It has to do with disc degenerative disease, and herniated discs. It's also hard to explain (I explained some of the history on another forum). I've just today since I last posted also had a huge blow about it all that I'm emotionally drained on.

I guess St. Patrick's Day has never been very lucky for me.

Thanks though, again.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “The Lounge”