I have a confession to make...

What do we like? Where do we get it? What are you listening to?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

I have a confession to make...

Postby dedanna1029 » 26 Aug 2015, 18:40

Hate me all you want, but I am back on Facebook for three reasons. I have chance to help Indie/Unsigned bands make it in the world, and you know nothing keeps me from music. I am admin for two groups, owned by one site "owner", who has put up pages in 72 countries so far to help promote indie/unsigned bands get promoted.

See USA Is Alive With Music, and Scotland Is Alive With Music, and I may be admin for Japan too in the future. There are some great indie bands out there, in several genres. Great music that never gets heard. In this way, it does get heard, and radio presenters, booking agents, mixers, musicians, all aspects of the music business are welcome - so long as they are indie/unsigned (or own their own independent label).
I am debating opening up shop as a music promoter, but that will wait until I'm in Scotland for good (speaking of which, I'm going over there soon on holiday).

Reason #3 is Linux. There is a Linux group, and a Linux Administrators group that I belong to. Any posting to my own timeline is purely to troll, so f*ck Facebook and the NSA - they get little from me. +1
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Re: I have a confession to make...

Postby R_Head » 26 Aug 2015, 19:41

dedanna1029 wrote:Hate me all you want, but I am back on Facebook...

Is your life K, do as you see it fit. :-D

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 26 Aug 2015, 20:58

Oh, I do, and will, but soon as the biz is off the ground, I'm back out of there. This is a good tool to get it going.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 26 Aug 2015, 23:43

..and that leaves me..lonely.. as the only person on the planet not in Facebook.
Of course the devil will tempt you :T Ofcourse it is going to be attractive and addictive. The road to Hell is paved with gold - I tell you +1 :twisted:

Lonely...I am so lonely
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Aug 2015, 00:17

Ha! Nah, you're not alone, and I'm not tempted by the devil; neither am I addicted, except to music and linux. :D
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 27 Aug 2015, 08:35

Well as long as you throw Spotify out....I will forgive you. Those spying bastards need to learn a lesson....

They know all about addictions and they exploit it; making them Pimps. Not everybody manages to go "cold turkey" .

The sound of silence for a month - could you take it?

Welcome to Hell (or the Spotify head office from downstairs - it is the department next to Facebook) :twisted:

They have even made Halloween masks of Zuckerberg
:A
https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/show_p ... 33b238af61

I shit you not.

There are some low tech ways to protect your data on Facebook and Google.
Make fake birthdays lie about your name and only search for nearby coffee shops in Kuala Lumpur on Google Maps.

That way they will be selling crap about you - because they are selling the data gathered about you and your activities.

And it will make it harder for thieves to steal your identity.

And as our governments have thought us; technically it is not even lying when it is about (National or Private?) security - simply a small shift of recollection.

Take it from a 25 year old computer master from Bombay ...+1
Yes it is me: Satya Nadella but I lied a little bit regarding my age there - that's cool....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 27 Aug 2015, 14:11

I am not in any social media. No FookBook, or Twatter, or Licked-In for me. +1

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Aug 2015, 14:39

I'm not on any of the other ones either, except for LinkedIn, and I'm never in there. When I was in school they required us to get a LinkedIn account...
I don't dig it. I should deactivate or delete it, really.
I let twitter go ages ago because I was never on it either. Deleted both accounts.
I really don't dig the social media scene but do music and Linux so...
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 28 Aug 2015, 14:47

Is sad that schools makes that Licked-In mandatory. To me should be a choice. Sounds like they are getting kick-backs for subscribers.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 29 Aug 2015, 05:30

No, what it is (and this is actually true), is it's so hard to find a job (was at the time) that they have you set one up to be seen by potential employers, because employers search LinkedIn a lot for potential employees (take it from the employment recruiter, she knows). I'm sure now that the job market has eased somewhat, they will not require it so much any more.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 30 Aug 2015, 21:01

Exactly, created a monopoly. That is just plain awful. Might as well and get rid of resumes, why bother, use Licked-In for intel.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 02 Sep 2015, 17:57

Yup. :-P
I'd rather have someone's resumé in front of me on paper in b&w. Easier to sort them that way, IMO.
No gods, no masters.

Return to “Music”