The Google helmet - not made by Google

Hardware tips and talk

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

The Google helmet - not made by Google

Postby viking60 » 24 Aug 2014, 12:45

Google glasses have been around for some time now and they let you take a snapshot of everybody and put them right out there on the integrated social media stuff.

It is innovative and making every owner a paparazzi.

But they make you look corny:

And you might have problems entering areas with photo restrictions with them, like concerts, military areas, strip clubs or anywhere near me +1
The Google glasses are kind of a sneaky approach like "hidden camera".

Behold the "Google" helmet -Skully! Made by Skully not Google. :starwars2
Here they have taken a helmet and put an Android system in there and the functions of Google glasses plus a lot more.
:A

You cannot claim any hidden camera effect with this one - it would stand out a bit if you enter your strip club with that helmet on; which makes it ...kind of fair.
The internet of things will grow with such a speed that even the NSA will not be able to monitor all of it, and the ipv6 IP range will have to be implemented all over the place. But once that is in place; every thing will communicate via the internet from your power measuring to the refrigerator, the car, your glasses, your light bulbs and your helmet.

The helmet has a targeted purpose (motor cycling - not spying on people in bars).

You do not even have to lift up the visor on this helmet - it is done electronically
Amazing what you can do with Linux these days.+1

Quite innovative, so there is only one thing left to say:

May the force be with you :starwars2

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: The Google helmet - not made by Google

Postby R_Head » 24 Aug 2014, 14:34

What a cool idea...

You can spy on people and they cannot recognize you :think:

What about placing the helmet on table in a cafe for example.
You can set it to record and no need to be near of it. +1

I wonder how that work if you are riding your motorbike and be distracted by the helmet information overload. :think:

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: The Google helmet - not made by Google

Postby viking60 » 24 Aug 2014, 14:59

Yes receiving phone calls and text messages in a helmet. on a bike. cannot be any safer than doing so in a car - much worse probably.
And that helmet placement spying idea is brilliant :idea: - you should patent it :-D
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Hardware”