a smart phone that has a bigger screen

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

zinnatu

a smart phone that has a bigger screen

Postby zinnatu » 26 May 2014, 10:35

Should I buy a tablet or smart phone? I need something to surf the Internet with during my free time. Mostly I read articles online. I already have a Blackberry. The screen is very small because of the input keys on the phone. So I want a bigger screen. I am wondering if I should upgrade to a smart phone that has a bigger screen, or get a tablet instead?
Last edited by zinnatu on 29 May 2014, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: a smart phone that has a bigger screen

Postby viking60 » 26 May 2014, 19:46

Get anything that prevents you from spamming:
http://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/101.221.128.166
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Postby Snorkasaurus » 27 May 2014, 06:20

viking60 wrote:Get anything that prevents you from spamming:
http://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/101.221.128.166

I don't understand what these spam messages are trying to achieve. There are no links to buy a fake rolex, or dick pills, or weight loss pills, or anything at all. Are these kinds of posts just designed to test for vulnerabilities in phpbb?
S.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 27 May 2014, 08:35

No the game is to look normal and then come back and edit the post with links to dick pills later on. The dick head will then be the proud owner of a back link to his site.
That is traffic and he can demand more for the adds. This is a sneaky method to avoid that obvious initial ban if you put the dick pill link in there straight away,

Seems to be an Indian or Indonesian sport these days...
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Postby Snorkasaurus » 27 May 2014, 14:23

viking60 wrote:No the game is to look normal and then come back and edit the post with links to dick pills later on. The dick head will then be the proud owner of a back link to his site.
That is traffic and he can demand more for the adds. This is a sneaky method to avoid that obvious initial ban if you put the dick pill link in there straight away,

Seems to be an Indian or Indonesian sport these days...

Ahhh... get "approved" with a seemingly legitimate post. How do they get past stopforumspam.com? Is it just because the service has not had enough reports on their IP at the time of the post?
S.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 27 May 2014, 14:49

I have reported a few "fresh" ones but mostly they are alredy there. I have not blocked the IP's blindly so far. So I check stopforumspam.com manually when I smell a spammer and ban them by e.mail before I delete them along with their posts.

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Postby Snorkasaurus » 27 May 2014, 15:32

viking60 wrote:I have reported a few "fresh" ones but mostly they are alredy there. I have not blocked the IP's blindly so far. So I check stopforumspam.com manually when I smell a spammer and ban the by e.mail before I delete them along with their posts.

I was thinking that it might be useful if the forums were able to delay a new person's post for a configurable amount of time (say a few hours) and have it check stopforumspam.com just before it allows the post through, but then you would need to cron for new posts and blah blah blah. You're doin' a hell of a job if I may say, there's essentially no spam here, except for the ones you make fun of, of course. :B

S.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 27 May 2014, 15:59

:greetings
There is a lot of spam these days there is no denying it. People need to confirm their registration per e-mail and answer anti robot questions. But there is stil spam.

Return to “Audio/video”