Banking virus for Linux!

The newest distros the lastest Nvidia driver, gadgets .....

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Banking virus for Linux!

Postby viking60 » 10 Aug 2013, 13:47

ImageIt is a sure thing that the future of Linux looks bright when the virus producers start making viruses for it and sell it on their black markets.

Now it is possible to buy the "Hand of Thief" banking trojan in this market for $2000 a pop.

Supposedly it has been tested on Ubuntu, Fedora and Debian. This malware is put together by Russian cybercroocks.

It has the ability to leach the information you enter in your banking forms.

It is easy to avoid it:
Simply stick to the repositories And do not download anything from third parties that you do not trust. The crooks are depending on marketing and recommendations on social media to spread this - because it must be actively downloaded and installed. So don't listen to those recommendations. :naughty:

In fact the most likely way to get this to work is by infecting the machines of those idiots who would buy this stuff. And that kind of serves them right +1

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Banking virus for Linux!

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Aug 2013, 00:03

Or, do like I do and don't bank online. Walk into your bank, do what all you gotta do, and move along, little bunny. On the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't take that long, and the NSA won't find out how to get your money from you like that, either. I do absolutely no important business online. If I use the computer for accounting, it's kept offline, and done by hand.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

orion70

Re: Banking virus for Linux!

Postby orion70 » 18 Aug 2013, 01:18

dedanna1029 wrote:Or, do like I do and don't bank online. Walk into your bank, do what all you gotta do, and move along, little bunny. On the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't take that long, and the NSA won't find out how to get your money from you like that, either. I do absolutely no important business online. If I use the computer for accounting, it's kept offline, and done by hand.

I have no interest in banking online i try not to as much as possible.

Return to “Linux News”