Crossover Free, One Day Only!

The newest distros the lastest Nvidia driver, gadgets .....

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Crossover Free, One Day Only!

Postby rolf » 31 Oct 2012, 19:16

Codeweavers wrote:On Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012, beginning at 00:00 Central Time (-5 GMT), anyone visiting CodeWeavers’ Flock The Vote promotional web site (flock.codeweavers.com) will be able to download a free, fully functional copy of either CrossOver Mac or CrossOver Linux. Each copy comes complete with 12 months of support and product upgrades. The offer will continue for 24 hours, from 00:00 to 23:59, Oct. 31, 2012.

Get CrossOver for FREE now! Here’s how:

1. Sign up using the form below.
  2. Once the form is complete, we will provide you a link. You can then download CrossOver and use it immediately.
  3. Within the next week you will receive an email from us. Clicking the unique link in that email will create a free 12-month support entitlement on our server. Your support entitlement will give you full access to support and updates for the next year.
http://flock.codeweavers.com/

I don't know that this is something I would use but I got the rpm, just in case. :-D

Code: Select all

$ rpm -qip /download/crossover-11.3.1-1.i386.rpm
Name        : crossover                    Relocations: /opt
Version     : 11.3.1                            Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Mon 29 Oct 2012 09:46:36 PM PDT
Install Date: (not installed)            Build Host: dogbert.codeweavers.com
Group       : Applications/Emulators        Source RPM: crossover-11.3.1-1.src.rpm
Size        : 137953563                        License: Proprietary; includes substantial Free Software components.
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : CrossOver Packager <info@codeweavers.com>
URL         : http://www.codeweavers.com
Summary     : Run Windows applications like MS Office
Architecture: i386
Description :
CrossOver Linux makes it possible to run Windows productivity applications
such as Microsoft Office, and Quicken, and also lets you play Windows games like Skyrim and World of Warcraft.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Crossover Free, One Day Only!

Postby dedanna1029 » 01 Nov 2012, 06:21

It will be a slow download here, as I'm tethering with my phone ATM, but I'm going for it anyway. Thanks so much for letting us know.

Edit. Dang, I saw this from my phone, and signed up, then couldn't download onto my phone, so hooked up the netbook (tethering), went to restart the download again, and now it is saying it's over. :(

I desperately need the .rpm and .deb both. Man, oh, man.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Postby rolf » 01 Nov 2012, 13:02

I could dropbox the rpm, if you want, about 40M. I think it ought to work, seems like the downloads were generic, and your sign-up ought to get you the support authorization. WDYT?

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 01 Nov 2012, 14:14

Thanks rolf - it just popped up in the berserk friends dropbox folder :dance:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Postby rolf » 01 Nov 2012, 14:21

Sure. :greetings

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 01 Nov 2012, 20:48

WDT??? That's what I'd like to know. Thanks on the .rpm, but I'd need to know, 4 p.m. who's time? Thanks.
Yeah, I never got an email, anything, after signing up. It could be the slow speed I'm on currrently, who knows ( like, half dialup, tethering).
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Postby rolf » 01 Nov 2012, 21:29

40M=40 MB, the approximate size of the file, it's not a time. I didn't get an email, either, but that's about some code for free support, upgrades for a year. Nothing to do with functionality of the installed program. I say one who installed it say he went through the registration process for the program and was told it was already registered, so I take it that's part of the distributed package.

About the deb, the alien program claims to convert from rpm to deb and you could try that.

I saw where you had trouble with the Berserk_friends folder in the past. I'll pm you a link, in case.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 01 Nov 2012, 21:32

Thanks so much. Maybe I can get it to work with CentOS 6.2 (the rpm), once I get it tried onto the netbook (i.e. if it works on the netbook).

Ah, 40MBs. I'm sorry, it looked like 4 p.m. from my phone screen (which right now is screwed to the hilt).
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 02 Nov 2012, 02:53

Thanks again, rolf, got it.

If you or other moderator want to exercise choice to delete this portion of this thread, that's fine.
No gods, no masters.

Return to “Linux News”