Android Linux market dominance getting even bigger!

Business as usual?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Android Linux market dominance getting even bigger!

Postby viking60 » 02 Aug 2012, 10:42

ImageChina is the new economic superpower in the world, and they are many, so their choice of smartphones will have a major impact.
In the second quarter of 2012 over 80 % of the smartphones sold on the Chinese market were driven by Android.
The Chinese smartphone market grew with 199 % in the second quarter - and is still growing.

This gives China 27 % of the world Smartphone market, the US has 16 %.

This does not mean that the international big smartphone producers are having a great time in China because the Chinese tend to pick Chinese products.
Samsung still has a market share of 17% and is the biggest, but they are selling the same amount of smartphones as before while Chinese companies like ZTE, Lenovo and Huawei have had a growth of 171 percent, 2 665 percent and 252 percent.

The Chinese companies have 60 % of the Chinese smartphone market. Apple takes a fifth place and have been selling 37 % less units in the second quarter.
Nokia and Motorola are the biggest international loosers in China; Nokia decreased by 47%..

The only international smartphone producer that had a growth in China was the Taiwan based company HTC.
It may, or may not, matter that the Chinese consider Taiwan to be Chinese... What certainly matters, is that the Chinese producers have low cost products.

This has a major impact on the world market:

No matter what phone; Android has had a world wide growth of 110,4 % from 2011 to 2012.

Windows phone has had a growth of 277% but growing from 0 does generate big percentages in the beginning. Windows phone has just made it past Bada, but they could not make it past Symbian.
This is interesting since Nokia abandoned Symbian for Windows phone.
Samsung is the biggest maker of Smartphones with 31%. Apple and Nokia are following.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Android Linux market dominance getting even bigger!

Postby R_Head » 02 Aug 2012, 12:29

Windows Phone is going to fizzle.
I think the spike was generated because is a novelty for now; some wants to try some new.

Nokia is doomed since they got in bed with MS.

I am due for a new phone but I love my Blackberry; is such a great phone.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Android Linux market dominance getting even bigger!

Postby dedanna1029 » 25 Aug 2012, 23:57

Silly question. Linkie?
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Business”