Clementine Player download?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Clementine Player download?

Postby dedanna1029 » 20 Jun 2012, 04:28

I've been eyeing Clementine Player 1.0.x, thinking I'd like to try it to see if there are any improvements, such as on lightening up the resource-hungry hog that it is on the netbook. A couple of things on this. The latest version isn't in the repos for Linux Mint. The version there is 0.7.1 (waaaaaayyy behind...).

Went to the Clementine Player site, and there's several downloads listed that *may* conceivably work. I can't figure which one to use? Any clue?

I'd also like to submit a feature request for them to include scrobbling to Libre.fm. I'd like to get a look at 1.0.x first though, and then go from there.

Thanks.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Clementine Player download?

Postby dedanna1029 » 20 Jun 2012, 20:37

After several tries with the downloads there, I finally got the 32-bit oneiric to install, but wish it hadn't. It crashes at the first sight of movement. Seriously. Sometimes when there's no movement. I just started cover manager with an attempt to fetch missing covers. While it was doing that, since I'm on a very slow connection right now, I went outside for a couple hours, came in, it had crashed again.

Edit: I guess it would help just a little if I had ownership of my own music drive. :p
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 20 Jun 2012, 21:27

Well I am certainly not in a position to give advise to a Sound-Berserk :-D
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 21 Jun 2012, 04:03

Well, I found that my music library was already chown'ed to me, but it had mounted itself read-only. A simple umount and remount did the trick on that one.

Clementine Player 1.0.1 was still sh!t, crashing literally with everything I did, so I reverted back to the one in the repos, 0.7.1. It's a resource hog itself, and I've had a couple freezing incidences with it, but it's still better than 1.0.1, so... *shrug

I think if they keep this crap up, I'm going to find me another Amarok 1.4.10 replacement.

There's another thought, too, that being that my connection is seriously slow - I'm tethering with my phone, which only gives a 15.5kbps down connection (I'm taking care of my mom's house and cat for a few more days; there's no inet connection here in this bitty town other than dialup, and I don't have a modem in the netbook). I'm kind of half-wondering if Clementine's trying to go faster at downloading album covers, info, et. al for the library than it can, and isn't liking it that it can't maybe? It's either that, or the lack of mysql packages (last I checked, Clementine required Qt and mysql) that installed with it, is causing database issues, and it's not liking that.

Edit: And upon checking... O.M.G. look at all those bugs! Wondering currently on this one.

I want those features that 1.0.1 has though... *cries and pouts
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 25 Jun 2015, 07:36

dedanna1029 wrote:I'd also like to submit a feature request for them to include scrobbling to Libre.fm. I'd like to get a look at 1.0.x first though, and then go from there.

Thanks.

Well, there's something to be said for time and a cell phone. I've found a really cool (make that AWESOME) music player for my phone, Rocket Player, that scrobbles to both my last.fm and to my libre.fm.

The problem now is that it appears that last.fm also pulls from libre.fm to scrobble, so everything is duplicating on my last.fm because it's pulling from two sources. I'm going to try turning off scrobbling to last.fm and see if I can confirm that this is what is going on.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 09 Oct 2015, 06:37

Update: I am using Clementine on Windows. I've opted to use as many open source programs on Windows 8.1 as I possibly can. It is wonderful now; I've had no issues with it. The sound quality from it in general has quite improved as well.

As soon as I can get Linux fully going, I'll give it another go in it and see if there's any difference from the Windows version.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Oct 2015, 04:19

Look out world, I've discovered Clementine Remote, and it is really cool...
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 28 Oct 2015, 12:44

Yeah I have to admit that those Google Apps are pretty cool.
I downloaded one to remote control my Raspberry Pi Kodi media center. so that I could sit in the sofa and play both movies and music ...with my wife's smartphone.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 29 Oct 2015, 04:03

There you go! That is so cool viking! So you're doing pretty much the same kind of thing I am now only with different things (Kodi, etc.).
No gods, no masters.

Return to “Audio/video”