Software to download music illegally, I will NOT support

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Software to download music illegally, I will NOT support

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Apr 2013, 14:59

As sound-berzerk (whatever-the-feck-that-is) here at bjoernvold, I have a personal notice for all in this forum, and for future users who desire support to download music illegally (and movies illegally).

I personally will no longer support these programs. There are Linux distributions which still maintain packages such as Limewire, and I believe them to be maintaining and updating them illegally, as per the notice on the link for Limewire is pretty plain. Frostwire is another one; why they haven't been shut down as Limewire has, is beyond me.

There are others as well. I myself will not support them here at this forum. I will not be responsible for getting you or bjoernvold in trouble over copyrighted music, movies, and the like (not to mention the very poor quality they give you of files). If you want support for these programs, you will need to specifically ask it of someone else here who would be willing to support these programs. I would also appreciate other members not referring to me to come to a thread to support them. The heat is too thick for you and me both legally. Moderators and site admins will not be able to get me to support them either.

My own Linux expertise in sound, is in a very deep love of music; past, present, and future, and of things like making your legal stuff have better sound quality, issues you might have with pulseaudio, alsa, sound drivers, players, etc. etc.; these I am more than willing to support. Things like this are the truly interesting things about Linux!

Please make a sticky if you feel inclined to.

Thanks,

d.
Last edited by dedanna1029 on 12 Apr 2013, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Software to download music illegally

Postby viking60 » 12 Apr 2013, 15:26

Right! We do not want to do anything illegal. :s As we have stated from the beginning.
You make it sound like you just have left the Mafia :-D
That does not mean that we cannot support whatever to change a law or a practise that is considered wrong. - that is legal. Being critical can be a good thing.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Software to download music illegally, I will NOT support

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Apr 2013, 15:28

Aye, but I have been called upon to support these programs before here, and I merely answered honestly at the time. Please don't do that. Not in Help, not anywhere. Thanks.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 12 Apr 2013, 15:36

Well I don't know who called you - but you are the Sound Berserk so who am I to question you?
I am sure you did the right thing. Keep us informed about the good stuff that is working and the "must haves".
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Apr 2013, 17:07

Oh, I will be, thanks.
No gods, no masters.

Aurora

Postby Aurora » 21 Jan 2024, 19:09

I know this topic is old and the music download website you shared is great, I also want to share with you the website sonneriemp3, where you can download free ringtones for your phone.

Return to “Audio/video”