Rich_Roast

Welcome to this forum where people with common interests exchange views , news , and experiences. This is a fine place to introduce yourself!

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Rich_Roast

Postby dedanna1029 » 20 Oct 2010, 18:36

Bjoernvold welcomes Rich_Roast, moderator of the PeppermintOS forum. :)

You are a very fine and welcome addition to our forum, and we'll certainly be seeing you at your very cool forum! :)

Enjoy your stay here!

For those who don't know, you can also join Rich_Roast on Twitter!
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Rich_Roast

Postby viking60 » 20 Oct 2010, 18:44

Yes Welcome :greetings You have a snappy distro there! All though I am a bit afraid of clouds :P
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Rich_Roast

Postby Rich_Roast » 29 Oct 2010, 20:39

Crikey, thanks for the welcome! I sorta registered after Dedanna and I had a short Tweetervation (I guess one could call it) and shortly thereafter my real life turned a bit upside down, so I've only just had time of leisure to have a proper look around here.

Thank you, indeed, for the welcome :D I shall be taking a look around this evening and hope to be able to add something to the boards here. In the meantime, I suppose I can introduce meself a bit.

As mentioned I'm the forum admin over at Peppermint OS community forums which is an honor as well as an interest. I'm enjoying seeing people benefit from a little distro that is fast and to the point with its web / desktop hybrid approach. I'm enjoying helping people directly where I can but enjoying seeing the growing community help one another even more, and the discussion that goes on in the community sections.

I am hoping (touch on wood) to enter local government where I live as an economic development administrator which is also borne of a more general interest in, erm, economic development. I want to see a better world for my children than the one I landed in, just as my dad wants to see a better lot for me than he got, and so on down the line. There's no secret to it.

Outside of that I'm trying to find time to blog and will put in a portal link in my sig (I think that's allowed, correct me if I'm wrong), when the portal site's, erm, ready. Ideally I'd like to eventually get paid for journalism (if only to validate my English degrees), but for the time being I'm happy to just write when I can.

Oh, I'm fluent in French if that's useful to know.

I'm at (what I hope is) the tailend of a very long and turbulent negative period of my life so I might not be super on the ball until the New Year, but I hope to be able to build up a helpful sort of presence here.

Thanks again for the welcome! :)
Exciting signature here.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 29 Oct 2010, 21:53

Please do feel free to write a review, or share some impressions of peppermint. :tux5: I think you have an interesting background there.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Rich_Roast

Postby Rich_Roast » 29 Oct 2010, 22:12

I might just :)
Exciting signature here.

Return to “Welcome”