Greek Thread

Well this is an experiment but we do not all speak perfect English. And this would give us a chance to express that all important view in our native language.

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

jemadux
Viking

Greek Thread

Postby jemadux » 04 Feb 2014, 12:23

Hello ,

cuz i am greek let's speak in Greek but i dont think that someone knows greek

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Greek Thread

Postby R_Head » 04 Feb 2014, 12:51

Is all Greek to me....

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 04 Feb 2014, 20:00

I cant even read Greek :-D But I noticed that nee (that is what it sounds like) means yes - which is confusing since it means no in German and half no in Norwgian.

So there I was in Athens and thought the Greek were negative while they were only being nice. :-D

I Know that Acropolis is fantastic (I loved it) and that the traffic in Athens is murder. And then there is this nice beach on Kreta where a river flows right into the sea on this nice beach.

I was feeding the trouts and the eels there from my hotel at breakfast (They seemed to like feta and bread).

And I really do not like most of the Goat cheese dishes..... :sick
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

jemadux
Viking

Postby jemadux » 04 Feb 2014, 20:48

viking60 wrote:I cant even read Greek :-D But I noticed that nee (that is what it sounds like) means yes - which is confusing since it means no in German and half no in Norwgian.

So there I was in Athens and thought the Greek were negative while they were only being nice. :-D

I Know that Acropolis is fantastic (I loved it) and that the traffic in Athens is murder. And then there is this nice beach on Kreta where a river flows right into the sea on this nice beach.

I was feeding the trouts and the eels there from my hotel at breakfast (They seemed to like feta and bread).

And I really do not like most of the Goat cheese dishes..... :sick

i am not living in athens , thanks God ! but , have you ate souvlaki , or pita [urlhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_%28food%29]gyro[/url]?

I live in Thessaloniki ok .. it's very nice city .. all things are relaxing ..
you want see people to hurry as mad ... also the Open SuSe Conference 13 took place in Thessaloniki :lol:

I have been on Creta.. the people are friendly .. they will treat Cretan Raki

thomas if you mind you can move that thread to ohter section ..

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 04 Feb 2014, 23:27

I can digest Raki :-D And no: I have never tasted souvlaki. I will of course try it by the next possible occasion. +1

Many excellent cheeses are goat cheese....and many horrible ones too :-D

I tried this "calzone" with melted goat cheese inside in a Restaurant in Athens - And I cannot find the words to describe it.

I guess it was as far away from "good" as you can get :roll:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 May 2014, 22:54

Now now, just because it's not pannekers doesn't mean it isn't good. I personally love pita and souvlaki both, along with other Greek food. I agree, some goat cheeses get a bit nasty-tasting, but for the most part they're good.
Any feta your way jemadux?
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

jemadux
Viking

Postby jemadux » 31 May 2014, 09:25

dedanna1029 wrote:Now now, just because it's not pannekers doesn't mean it isn't good. I personally love pita and souvlaki both, along with other Greek food. I agree, some goat cheeses get a bit nasty-tasting, but for the most part they're good.
Any feta your way jemadux?

heheeh

Return to “Other Languages”