First of all, we want to thank our devoted testers and bughunters – without their support we would not have been able to accomplish this release. Great thanks and we are very much looking forward to the final result of our common work on this shiny release.
So what has changed since the second 2014.0 alpha?
We’ve been mainly focusing on fixing the most crucial bugs for this release. That includes fixing some of the booting issues that people have been having, as well as updating some of the software.
Some of the updates from our contributors include:
- Assorted bug fixes [bero]
- mariadb updated to 10.0.9 [bero]
- lots of effort has gone into getting LibreOffice 4.2.3 to work properly, but this will likely be in the rc release only [bero]
- php packaging cleaned up so the different versions (cgi/fcgi/apache module) are always in sync; updated to 5.5.10 [bero]
- assorted updates (qupzilla 1.6.1, wine 1.7.14, …) [bero]
- sagemath updated to 6.1.1 [pcpa]
- icedtea-web java plugin made functional on firefox [pcpa]
- 0ad game updated to 0.0.15 [pcpa]
- megaglest game updated to 3.9.1 [pcpa]
- initscripts updated to 9.52 [tpg]
- systemd-208 updated to latest stable patchset from upstream systemd-stable branch [tpg]
- KDE updated to 4.12.3 [tpg]
- dracut updated to 036 [tpg]
- kernel from 3.12.13 to 3.13.6 [nicco]
For more information please follow 2014.0 release notes .
Testing this Release
The 2014.0 beta is a fantastic sneak-peek at what will become the final release of OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0. That being said, it is a beta, and as such you may encounter issues that prevent you from using the system normally.
Please do not install this release on a production system.
You can download OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 (Codename Phosphorus) Beta:
i586 http://sourceforge.net/projects/openman ... o/download
x86_64 http://sourceforge.net/projects/openman ... o/download
Torrents link to come soon
Find something wrong?
You can report any issues you find with this release under the 2014.0 version at our Bugzilla
And, as usual, you can share your experience with the community in the forums:
The 2014.0 release lifecycle is coming to a close soon – we’re down to the final weeks of this release, with the RC slated to arrive on 4 April 2014, and the final release soon after. We’re extremely excited, and we hope you are too!
Yours OMA team
by Kate Lebedeff
http://blog.openmandriva.org/en/2014/03 ... a-is-here/