Mageia 4

Well it is a family: Mandriva Mageia ROSA Unity PCLOS. Brothers and sisters living together in perfect harmony - so it deserved som space of its own.

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Mageia 4

Postby dedanna1029 » 07 Sep 2015, 22:00

Loosely translated through google translate so Blacky can fully understand. viking, please correct any wrong translations for me (edit this post):

Von dem, was ich verstehe, auch mit der ganzen Flack, die rund ging über Mageia ein "Verräter" zu Mandriva, in Wirklichkeit waren sie nicht. Sie hatten sogar ein paar Menschen, die auch mit Mandriva durch ihre letzten Tage dazu beigetragen, aus dem, was ich verstehe. Am Ende, es war vergebens.

Wenn sie niemand arbeitet an OpenMandriva, sie nicht mit gutem Grund (aber ich vermute, sie haben Menschen beiträgt; Anne ist nicht super-Hündin, die bei weitem; ich habe mit ihr viele Male gesprochen, sie von Mandriva sprach immer liebevoll, auch nachdem sie gegangen). Mageia hat, an den Punkten, musste Server-Probleme, dass eine andere, ihre eigenen Dateien für einen auf dem Host zu finden. Ein weiterer Grund dafür ist, diese Leute verlassen Mandriva aus gutem Grund. Viele von ihnen wurden Mandriva Mitarbeiter entlassen, und sie das Gefühl in Mandriva Schließladen (die sie immer noch komplett zu tun) sah. Mandriva war eine gute Distribution kein Zweifel, aber ein Haus mit sich selbst uneins nicht stehen können, und wenn irgendein Unternehmen wurde mit sich selbst uneins, war es Mandriva. Nun frage ich Sie, möchten Sie auf eine Fortsetzung der Mandriva, ein anderes Haus, das mit sich selbst uneins ist arbeiten? Ich weiß, ich wollte nicht.

Doch die wichtigste Frage, die Sie Blaky gefragt ist Vermutung. Ich bin nicht sicher, ob Mageia hat Menschen, die auf es oder nicht, so nicht beantworten kann, dass. Ich sehe nur die Berechtigung, wenn sie nicht, und das ist, wenn sie nicht.

Auch ich kann bestätigen, über Anne, dass die Absicht Mageia war nie zu "stehlen Mandriva away" - es ist zu viel Kopfschmerzen für sie war. Sie, zu diesem Zeitpunkt, hatte gerade gewonnen das Wissen, um ihre eigene Distribution zu starten, hatte sie das Volk, da Mandriva hatte dummer feuerte sie, so dass sie für die es ging. Es ist nicht anders aus, was mit Adam Williamson, den ich auch mit dem Sprechen zu der Zeit eine Menge.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

jkerr82508
Guru-Berserk

Postby jkerr82508 » 08 Sep 2015, 01:32

dedanna1029 wrote:They actually had a few people who also helped with Mandriva through their last days, from what I understand.

Mageia volunteers have not contributed freely to Mandriva SA since the fork. However, some paid employees of Mandriva SA did contribute to Mageia up until Mandriva SA went bankrupt and continue to do so as volunteers. Mandriva SA's Business Server 1 and 2 were based on Mageia 2 and 4 respectively, but were built by Mandriva SA employees.

Mageia has, at points, had server issues, having to find another one to host their own files on for one.

I don't consider those as problems. Any infrastructure that is under heavy use 24/7 requires hardware to be replaced from time to time. Mageia has always had funds (donated by individual supporters) available to purchase hardware as required.

I am not sure if Mageia has people working on it (OMDV) or not,

Mageia does not attempt to influence the decisions of volunteers as to which open source projects they choose to contribute to and could not even if it wished to. No doubt some contribute to other linux distros, but there is no attempt made to track those activities.

Jim

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 08 Sep 2015, 01:43

jkerr82508 wrote:
dedanna1029 wrote:They actually had a few people who also helped with Mandriva through their last days, from what I understand.

Mageia volunteers have not contributed freely to Mandriva SA since the fork. However, some paid employees of Mandriva SA did contribute to Mageia up until Mandriva SA went bankrupt and continue to do so as volunteers. Mandriva SA's Business Server 1 and 2 were based on Mageia 2 and 4 respectively, but were built by Mandriva SA employees.

According to Anne, it didn't go quite like this, but I can accept what you're saying.

On the "I'm not sure", that's probably why I'm not sure.

Either way, none of these points influence as to if and why Mageia does or does not contribute to OpenMandriva atm - I laid out some good reasons (which were given me) not to; I know I wouldn't.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 08 Sep 2015, 12:13

I am not sure there is any point in contributing to Openmandriva. The forces need to concentrate on one good running distro and that would be Mageia.

That is where the contributions have to be made. This would have been a different matter if OMA was in a position to compete with Mageia but it does not look like they will be able to.

Mageia is not perfect but compared to OpenMandriva they look better. OMA has had good moments but lacks the consistency...
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 08 Sep 2015, 20:40

Which is due to the house divided against itself. I think if that were eliminated, they could go very far, and should. We need more rpm distros.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 09 Sep 2015, 21:43

No gods, no masters.

Return to “The Mandriva family”