OpenMandriva

Well it is a family: Mandriva Mageia ROSA Unity PCLOS. Brothers and sisters living together in perfect harmony - so it deserved som space of its own.

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

Blackcrack

Re: OpenMandriva

Postby Blackcrack » 08 Apr 2013, 06:59

Hy Peoples, hy AleQ :greetings
if you be on the mailing list, then you would realize that it comes to a head,
it now has the council to give an answer, inside of 48 howers from DaJudge question,

it be now very interesting ... like goes now further ..
only one, the name.. the name it no matter.. and plays not realy a role ;)

at last.. / and closing, we want anyway only one ...
what can be the reason ? :mrgreen:

let yourselves be surprised ...

best regards
Blacky

AleQ

Postby AleQ » 08 Apr 2013, 07:00

According to the release of Mandriva Official Blog. it was launching a survey to determine *** the name of the distro and the Foundation *** : https://blog.mandriva.com/en/2012/07/05 ... trubution/
A small group of people felt the community owners and proposed the names they wanted
I and many of my forum users sent their suggestions and were never considered for the vote
True community did not participate nor free to propose any name
According to official announcement of the vote was to last a week
and the winning name was: Mandala Linux "with large majorities
When it comes time to close the survey, Mandriva. SA for fraud and for longer stretches the survey because they did not accept that Mandala Linux, is the name Elected by the community
and disqualify the name Mandala for alleged voting irregularities
The vote was an absolute fraud, not incorporate any name proposed by the true community, were the whim of 10 people, who felt the community owners
The vote should have been canceled after the irregularities
I will never accept as OpenMandriva name for the distro, knowing qu was Elected through fraud and without the participation of the community
I proposed MANDRACO: "MANDRAke COmmunity"
but was never considered to be in the voting
So to claim Mandriva SA, which returns the name of the distribution Mandriva

as a last resort and that there will be another vote immediately, involving the community where the choice of the new name. transparently and without fraud

regards

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 08 Apr 2013, 08:28

All history.
We need a distro first - so that we have something to quarrel about :-D
Imagine the absolute fiasko if that distro never comes out after all that "organisation" ..... We might not even get the opportunity of not accepting the name :-D
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Blackcrack

Postby Blackcrack » 08 Apr 2013, 10:52

Hi,

i see it same, AleQ.. the joke was going furter they offered me to be a member for probe on a month ..
some peoples had scare to be i am a "trublemaker" and there with only to be at first time to be a testmember..
:lolup eehh helloo ? it is the world a egg or why be the bananas hunched ?? or should i say.. more "crooked" :wall:
Where it is written in the Articles of Association, any one can be member . But he has to be there at the meetings.

it is in the english forum of MIB (piniatalinux) Of Mandriva
i have postet the mail.. oh man, i was pissed on..

but on this time, i did say nothing.. I kept covered .. but now.. now it is the Glass water full.. want say, it is enough.

ehh viking60, we need a Clean Distro first, a clean running like it is RedHat .. btw Fedora ..
before we have not a real clean Linux with real all Headers and clean running developement stuff
with correct common rules and common standarts
have build up OM no sense ! but my name it's rabbit..

best regards
Blacky
Last edited by Blackcrack on 08 Apr 2013, 11:53, edited 2 times in total.

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Postby rolf » 08 Apr 2013, 10:56

The first poll round's result might get rejected since they didn't even bother to check the associations with the proposed names and "Mandala Linux" reads quite amusing in Russian slang thus a bunch of Russian folks just couldn't stand flashmobbing it (especially when the meaning correlates to the company's image and behaviour quite nicely ever since they fired Duval).

http://lwn.net/Articles/506042/

Unfortunately, halfway in a specific task you realize you took the wrong approach. Today, I would like to update you with the process of finding the future name of the foundation and the community distribution. We had organised a community-wide vote letting everyone the choice between several possible names, names that had been selected among several proposals by the « Paris group ». Less than twenty four hours after we had opened the online vote, something wrong happened. One of the possible choices turned out to have one specifically vulgar meaning in Russian, and as a result a bunch of people organized a flashmob of sorts and voted for the problematic name, essentially rigging the poll results.

http://blog.mandrivalinux.org/2012/07/namebootstrap/

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 08 Apr 2013, 12:28

rolf wrote:

How can this be? Gizmo and I had a vote on it and Macdriva won by a landslide.. :think:
Then we went on to the really tough and global issues - like banning of all hairdryers and vacuum-cleaners.

Other than that:
Cooker is regularly updated and KDE works just fine. It will give you some grief in a WM if you pick the virtual drivers instead of VESA. And the good old Jungle log in sound from the Alpha is gone in the Beta.
Drakconf/MCC is in place.
And I have not been able to brake anything in KDE. The gnome meta-packages do not work because of unfixed dependencies.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

AleQ

Postby AleQ » 08 Apr 2013, 23:13

I will continue calling on Mandriva SA, which autorisé use the name: "Mandriva Community" for the foundation and the name "Mandriva Linux" for distro.

I need support to do it.

This is the only way to regain the community, the union, the prestige and strength to carry on.

POK encourage to continue development and to collaborate

OpenMandriva is a failure, and this demonstrated.
So far only demonstrated incompetence, lack of extrategia, lack of logistics, difference between members and I've only heard excuses that are working, but not seen any progress.

You have to take a 360 degree turn,
Create a new administration, a new organization plan and strategy to advance the foundation

Not OpenMandriva, not the ASSOCIATION

If the creation of: "Mandriva Community Foundation"

I'll take the reins of a new strategy, who's with me?

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 09 Apr 2013, 09:47

@AleQ, I don't have to do with Mandriva/OpenMandriva, but from an outsider looking in, I can see that what you say has to happen.

You have my support on the idea; however, I can't give direct support for the Association, or Foundation. The distro I've seen having nothing but dragged through the mud, so I can not see using it, even if it was released tomorrow. As you say, with "association" "foundation" etc. interference, I'm doubting that the distro itself will ever be finished or completely accomplished.

I'm inclined to think that Per's fork should be a fork of its own; the "association" dragged it through the mud too; they need to start fresh with their own MDV fork, in fact, need to start fresh with everything. It's unfortunate however, that Per needs a paycheck. I don't understand the "hired by Rosa" but "writing code for a community distro" thing, or how the two tie for him. That part of history is unknown to me, but IF he's writing OpenMandriva, a complete community distro, then IMO wouldn't that be non-paid work anyway? Why is Rosa having anything to do with it? Did they hire him to do a community distro, to create it? Somehow that seems shaky to me, but as I say, I don't know the history on that.

What you and blackcrack say, is what I've been saying all along.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 09 Apr 2013, 09:56

I'd also like to know, here at this forum, why this thread has taken over every single other forum and thread here at bjoernvold? I thought we were here to support distros generally (meaning other ones too)? But this has taken over, something that is not even set in stone yet? Something that may or may not happen at all??? Something that brings drama, drama, drama, over something that may or may not happen?
Where are our priorities here at bjoernvold any more?

I'm sorry, I can't help being blatant about this. I helped found this place.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

AleQ

Postby AleQ » 09 Apr 2013, 10:30

Dear JM Croset
It is a pleasure to communicate with you;
I am Mandriva.foroactivo manager and representative of the Hispanic community
I write to you with great respect.
I would like to talk about an important issue
is on Mandriva user community.
Since "Mandriva SA" transfer development community distro everything has been an utter failure, creating the asssociation OpenMandriva did not produce fruit, bad governance, lack of strategies and internal differences are finishing extinguish the community interested in Mandriva.

Mandriva SA should help community projects, and the community develop strategies to improve the economic situation of Mandriva SA
But this will not be possible unless there is a reorganization of the community project OpenMandriva.

My proposal is the dissolution of the association OpenMandriva

And to create the "Mandriva Community Foundation"
Staffed by a new administration and organization

The main objective is to recover the community and develop a new version of Mandriva Linux, based on Mandriva 2010.1, Mageia has been a success by adopting this strategy, and would differentiate Mandriva Linux, and Linux Rosa

the main product of the "Mandriva Community Foundation", will be the distro "Mandriva Linux 2013" and to brand unlike Mandriva SA can subtly alter the distribution logo

The "Mandriva Community Foundation" should be funded through donations and sales strategies and services, I have some ideas, which I will not reveal yet

But for this to be possible, we need your support and firm decision.
Please ask him to intervene in the dissolution of OpenMandriva, and the creation of "Mandriva Community Foundation" with a new administration.
Later I will propose to the right person to take charge of "Mandriva Community Foundation"
Claim allowing use Mandriva trademark on the name of the new foundation and the distribution, but with a subtle change in the logo.

I would like to know your position, and have an answer. Mandriva existed thanks to the community, do not give up now when we need it most.
The community was not guilty of mismanagement and bad business strategies of Mandriva SA, there is hope, we can start again
OpenMandriva is a failure, assume that responsibility
I've only heard excuse that they are working, but there is no progress in OpenMandriva
greeted AleQ

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 09 Apr 2013, 10:55

dedanna1029 wrote:I'd also like to know, here at this forum, why this thread has taken over every single other forum and thread here at bjoernvold? I thought we were here to support distros generally (meaning other ones too)? But this has taken over, something that is not even set in stone yet? Something that may or may not happen at all??? Something that brings drama, drama, drama, over something that may or may not happen?
Where are our priorities here at bjoernvold any more?

I'm sorry, I can't help being blatant about this. I helped found this place.

Well you did just make two posts - that is why this thread has taken over +1
And as long as I have known you; you never could help being blatant about anything :berserk2

This place bjoernvold.com has existed long before you - but your dedication from the very beginning to this forum is greatly appreciated. :s

I guess people love a good drama. And the Mandriva distros have gotten a place of their own so anyone not interested will not have to go there and never realize that it has "taken over".
If it bothers you what are you doing here? And all the others are very welcome to post as much as they want about it. So I guarantee that if that is what people want to post about it will take over even more.

It has nothing to do with priorities. We cannot impose anything on our members and we can certainly not sensor the content simply because it is regarding OpenMandriva.
And you can say a lot about Mandriva, but it always had had the ability to create a lot of passion.
Maybe that is the very secret of its survival skills.

There are other options:
If you want the general Linux Tips and Tricks just go there. I you like Arch there is lots about it. If you are completely new; try Linux education first. Even if you prefer Windows we have some nice tricks for you. If you want to make a re-spin of Suse you will find some useful stuff here as I (more or less successfully) have made an openbox Live CD. This is also a nice basis for a Opensuse installation since the normal one does not fit on a CD anymore.

You will find how to set up sudo and lots of info regarding dropdown terminals. You will find reports about switching from Gnome2 to Gnome3.
And the latest is the Manjaro test which was surprisingly positive, favorite aliases, favorite tools ++++++

May I suggest that you make a post in that section that you feel deserves more attention than OpenMandriva? Or start a new one - If you are good at it - it will take completely over....+1

Meanwhile you can leave the Mandriva battleground to us who take great pleasure in the battle :berserkf :lol:

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 09 Apr 2013, 10:57

I was not referring to the domain. I was referring to the forum, or have you and the old boys network here forgotten?
No gods, no masters.

Return to “The Mandriva family”