Hobbies you have (not computer ones)?

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Hobbies you have (not computer ones)?

Postby dedanna1029 » 14 Mar 2010, 23:10

I'm interesting in seeing hobbies that others have, that are not computer or internet-related. I like to make dream catchers. Examples can be found here; it's an 18 inch one I made for my mom.

I also enjoy reading, walking, cooking (once in a while, when I have time), playing board games, and spending time with my kids and grandson.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

mark9117
Junior Viking

Re: Hobbies you have (not computer ones)?

Postby mark9117 » 14 Mar 2010, 23:57

It's not really a "hobby" per say, but I enjoy eating. I might enjoy eating too much, but it has lead me to enjoy cooking. Most recently I've been baking bread. For example, here are some loaves of honey-wheat I baked last night.

It's pretty yummy. I still can't get close to the bread my mother used to bake. It was sweet, almost like cake. Mmm.

Mark
"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man alight and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 15 Mar 2010, 01:43

OMG my favorite kind of bread... YUUUUUUMMM! :)

You would have to post that. Like putting candy right in front of the baby's mouth... lol

Nice job, Mark!
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 15 Mar 2010, 10:53

Mmmm... Could you please provide a photo of a glass of milk too. Just to make it perfect :idea:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 15 Mar 2010, 19:28

Let's not forget the butter for the bread, either! :)
No gods, no masters.

majorlinux
Viking

Postby majorlinux » 16 Mar 2010, 03:02

Well, seeing as my life is almost completely tech-influenced, I'm not sure if this one would count, but I'm a huge gamer (consoles preferably (Non-Microsoft to be more specific))

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 16 Mar 2010, 03:08

I think that gaming is accepted. We're just trying to get to know the people here. :)
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 17 Mar 2010, 21:57

My hobby is whatever job I am doing at the time, working on Electric, Plumbing, Cars, RC Helicopters, Cooking...

I really suck at computer games :lol:

Cooking is one of favorites. Have a Wok, Grill and other kitchen stuff. I can say that I have a very diverse taste.

One of my favorite wines is Port, a good Portuguese Port after a meal it does wonders. Another is some Sherry Wine with a assortment of cheeses. Manchego is always on my list of cheeses along with Blue Cheese. Sometimes, going to my fave Japanese Stake House, order some grilled freshwater Eel Sushi, warm Sake on the side... One day I wolfed $50 worth of Sushi :lol: :lol: :lol:

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 18 Mar 2010, 15:27

Some good hobies there.
I definately am into cheese and a good red wine. I also love italian food. Not much that can beat a Carpaccio and a good Chianti.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

samwise_gamgee
Viking

Postby samwise_gamgee » 19 Mar 2010, 04:18

well, I enjoy eating good food. That's gotta be a hobby right? :P

My main hobby aside from tinkering with computers would be playing the tabletop strategy game of warhammer 40k. Basically, I build, paint, and then play my armies against other people who do the same using dice. Its a lot of fun. Their site can be seen here - http://www.games-workshop.com

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 19 Mar 2010, 11:43

No big on Italian wines, seems not to taste right for me. I like more the stronger Spanish Rioja Tinto. I tried some from California and sure it sucks badly :lol: If you want a nasty wine hangover, get those ;)

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Mar 2010, 11:46

I take it you like the nasty wine hangovers? LOL.
No gods, no masters.

Return to “The Lounge”