What are you reading right now?

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

gnuuser
Berserk

Re: What are you reading right now?

Postby gnuuser » 14 Mar 2022, 20:58

I once posted a picture on the board at work, the chalkboard had management 101 written on it ( from an old hustler humor magazine)
The students were busily kissing dummy butts covered in $#!t on their desks with the teacher timing them.

Our professional brown nosing management was not impressed to say the least.
Shortly afterwards they placed video cameras aimed at the boards.

I have very little respect for business management that is not tempered with common sense
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 17 Mar 2022, 14:03

Common Sense is not taught any more, is more about spread sheets and number. However, to under stand the numbers, you need common sense :lol: :lol:

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 21 Nov 2022, 16:34

R_Head wrote:I was reading a chspter about Business Ethics from the University. Going for another degree. What a load of garbage! No wonder the new gen is so screwed up. I cringe when I read the book and do discussion. I am bullshiting my way through.

Precisely!
Business management and ethics classes center on non union or union busting and outdated ethics.
They are finding out that ergonomics and the wellbeing of the workers are key to increased production.

But its cannot be implemented in a production based bonus system ( for management only)
Because it ( production bases bonuses) leads to abuses such as severe drop in product quality, micro-managing, bullying, and falsifying documentation, familial and non familial nepotism.
It also leads to skirting safety measures, skirting required training/ schooling, increased incidents of workplace injuries, very poor moral, and in the worst case scenario, workplace violence.

Yet these are the highly promoted classes for business management!
Whats surprising to me is that no class action suits have been filed to sue those asshats out of existance.

Anyhow back to the topic. At the present im reading the arrl antenna handbook and radio communication books.
Very interesting reads.
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 22 Dec 2022, 16:28

How the HELL did we get so off-topic here??? I opened this thread so we could share something cool - books - with each other. You guys have turned it into a depressing piece of shit! I was going to share what I'm reading, but I'm no longer in the mood to.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 25 Dec 2022, 21:26

Hey K, we are not off topic here. The thread is called "what are you reading right now." Does not state anything that has to be exclusively fantasy books.

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 26 Dec 2022, 05:20

Read the book steel caves, ( a spinoff of I robot)
Quite a good read to it.
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 27 Dec 2022, 17:38

I bought this book sometime ago. Nikola Tesla used to read this book, and got his ideas from it. Is pretty hard to understand, is mind blowing.

I believe, there is a way to create energy without using the present conventional means.

Last edited by R_Head on 02 Jan 2023, 04:06, edited 2 times in total.

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 31 Dec 2022, 00:15

Dragon spawn! Part of the lupine series.
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 08 Jan 2023, 21:35

A vintage arrl antenna manual and various vintage radio magazines.
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 11 Jan 2023, 03:43

R_Head wrote:Hey K, we are not off topic here. The thread is called "what are you reading right now." Does not state anything that has to be exclusively fantasy books.

No, but it is about what we are currently reading. It's not to discuss politics (unless you're reading a political book), economics (unless you're reading an economics book), or covid or any of that b.s., unless you're currently reading about it. The thread is titled "What are you reading right now?", so is just that. I don't give a flip if you're reading fantasy or not; I don't just read fantasy, but I do post it here when I do for balance in this thread.
I'm reading "The Execution of Sherlock Holmes" by Donald Thomas. Very well written.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 11 Jan 2023, 05:46

We do read and perhaps discuss a little. By the way, how good are you with RH on a Server? I am talking some heavy duty stuff.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 11 Jan 2023, 15:24

You could always consult a book.
No gods, no masters.

Return to “The Lounge”