Pocket Net (Open Source Social Network)

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

R_Head
Berserk

Pocket Net (Open Source Social Network)

Postby R_Head » 06 May 2019, 16:41

Here is some interesting.

Based on the idea of Blockchain Pocket Net is a way to avoid censorship/spying on Social Networks using Open Source Software.

Sarah Westall had nice interview with the founder/creator.

Daniel Satchkov, founder of Pocketnet, joins the program to discuss the extreme censorship we are seeing sweeping across the United States. He compares the current situation to the USSR before it's collapse. The similarities are chilling he explains. He also discusses how Pocketnet is using distributed computing and open source development to create a new social media system that will be free without the hardline censorship. You can sign up for Pocketnet at Pocketnet.app

https://youtu.be/xOrynI7ci5c

%%%%%%%

Pocketnet is a fully decentralized publishing and social platform. Based on the blockchain technology, it runs on a set of computers around the world, not controlled by any single entity.No corporation behind it to take fruits of your labor. All advertising revenue is split equally between node operators and those who publish highly rated content. Your subscribers always see your content, unless they decide to unsubscribe. Pocketnet is self-policed by the platform participants with good reputation. Nobody records your keystrokes, viewing habits or searches. Join The New Peer-To-Peer Internet: Go to Pocketnet.app and join for free now.

https://pocketnet.app/video

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Pocket Net (Open Source Social Network)

Postby viking60 » 08 May 2019, 00:10

Having a look at this now...
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 09 May 2019, 17:05

So.... what do you think?

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 14 May 2019, 12:31

Looks good I like the encryption part during registration. They seem to take privacy seriously.
They do however take your canvas fingerprint which makes tracking you a breeze anyway .. so I dunno. :confused
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 15 May 2019, 12:00

:think: I see....

Well, social media is about advertising yourself. Perhaps is best not to even bother. ;)

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Oct 2019, 18:58

I'd do this in a heartbeat, but they don't have it for Android.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “The Lounge”