Crypto Currency; your thoughts.

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

R_Head
Berserk

Crypto Currency; your thoughts.

Postby R_Head » 07 Jun 2017, 15:22

This is a list of cryptocurrencies. There were more than 710 cryptocurrencies available for trade in online markets as of 11 July 2016 and more than 740 in total[1] but only a few dozen had reached a market capitalization above $10 million above as of early 2017.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... currencies

We are heading globaly to a financial shit storm. Wealth will shift and redistribute. Heck... no wonder the world is behaving in the way is doing now. Anyway... Crypto Currencies were born from an idea of Banking Decentralization. A way of taking the control from the Central Banking Fiat Currency system. Bitcoin, for example, is expected to "shoot up" to more than $10,000+ (based on 2017 USD buying power).

I see few problems... there are several Cryptos out there. For example, Bitcoin price, to me, is all hype. Cryptos has no physical form.

However, I see an advantage, in the digital age, they can move around the globe way easier than Preciuos Metals.

What I an thinking is... Are they going to be a form of a digital bank/vault check to facilitate commerce? Precious Metals are a mean of Stored Value but is hard to transport, store, transact. Cryptos, is the vehicle for trade.

This could shape the way we live; the playing field will be much leveled Vs leveraged. Wealth, will be more accessible, will allow people, by their own merits, achive their very best. A huge plus side, is the Decentralization of the financial system. +1 Call it, a Monetary Anarchy :T

What you guys think?

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Crypto Currency; your thoughts.

Postby R_Head » 07 Jun 2017, 18:34

:B Great Podcast :B

Andy Hoffman is so spot on :s

https://youtu.be/FlMKI9fcLMs

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 07 Jun 2017, 21:04

It has something to it.
The gov cannot trace your moves and transactions and you can pay and still stay anonymous . for a VPN service etc.
VPN is to secure privacy which will suffer the moment you pay for it with traditional currencies,
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 08 Jun 2017, 02:09

I think it will be the part that Precious Metals need badly. The ability to pay for good and services, without having the metal on your hands.

New world money, owned by all, controlled by none.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 08 Jun 2017, 03:57

https://deutsche-wirtschafts-nachrichte ... -russland/

Putin plans its own crypto currency for Russia

Russia is pushing ahead with plans to create its own state crypto currency, modeled on Bitcoin.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has met with Vitalik Buterin, the inventor of Ethereum. Ethereum is intended to replace the traditional conclusion of contracts by keeping agreements as computer programs (smartcontracts) controlled by them. Ethereum also allows users to easily launch their own cryptos such as Bitcoin.

The revolutionary technology behind Ethereum is regarded as promising in the programming community.This is also shown by the fact that Ethereum's crypt diet Ether is currently the second largest behind Bitcoin with a market capitalization of around 24 billion dollars.

The meeting between Vladimir Putin and Vitalik Buterin took place last week at the International Economic Forum in Saint Petersburg. After a speech by the Russian president to a group of business leaders from all over the world, the Ethereum inventor said, "a short talk".

The 23-year-old programmer Vitalik Buterin is a born Russian, but moved to Canada with his parents at the age of six. He also has a Canadian passport. Today he lives in Singapore. In 2013 he started the Ethereum project.

Putin's interest in Ethereum and the blockchain technology behind it is part of his efforts to bring innovative technologies and companies to Russia. A blockchain is a database that secures itself against manipulation by the cryptographic chaining of the data records. This technology is based on ethereum and the cryptos such as bitcoin.

In the past, Russia had planned a bitcoin ban. However, the Russian central bank is currently working on legislation to legalize and regulate bitcoin and other cryptic diseases. These could be recognized as digital goods in Russia and taxed accordingly.

The regulation could be introduced into the Duma as early as June, Bloomberg cited at the end of May the deputy managing director of the Russian central bank Olga Skorobogatova. Without regulation, these currencies could quickly turn into a danger in Russia.

Although Bitcoin and the other cryptic stimuli currently also serve in Russia mainly as a money investment and speculative object . But there are also some bars and a taxi service in Moscow where Bitcoin is accepted as a means of payment. Moreover, Russia's largest online retailer Ulmart will accept Bitcoin from 1 September.

At the time, Russia's central bank is even thinking about starting its own state crypt. This is said by the vice-chief of the Russian central bank Olga Skorobogatova in a speech at the International Economic Forum in Saint Petersburg.

Russia's central bank has been dealing with blockchain technology since June 2016. This was announced by the then Fintech head of the bank, Vadim Kalukhov, in advance. But never before has the Russian central bank pushed the issue forward in this openness.

The Deputy Managing Director of the Russian Central Bank Olga Skorobogatova said, according to a report from the news agency TASS :

"The regulatory authorities of all countries are in agreement that it is time to develop national cryptos.That's the future. Each state will decide on a specific timeframe. According to our pilot projects, we will understand which system we could use in our case for our national currency. "

This year the Russian Central Bank will start a block-chine cooperation with EU countries, Olga Skorobogatova said.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 08 Jun 2017, 12:16

Interesting times. The fact that currencies only represent what is produced in terms of goods and services remains though.
"Making money" will not make you rich: Creating something that everybody wants..will.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 11 Jun 2017, 04:18

Exactly.
Talk about a New World Order.
I'm all for bartering worldwide.
Srsly.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Davidsherer321

Postby Davidsherer321 » 18 May 2021, 18:28

Cameronpeterson wrote:As a newbie with zero experience, I have 1k in the market. I thought about having a bot buy and sell for me, but shuddered at the thought of losing everything because an algorithm shit the bed. I would like to set alerts and whatnot to see where my stonks are going. Any tips for a newcomer? Also, I use Coinbase.

If you don’t know what you are doing, don’t trade, especially manually. You will mess things up. As a newbie with very low experience, I also have invested 1k in cryptocurrency and trading through this crypto trading bot. Starting is free, a little percentage is paid when you have a successful trade. I've only won so far, some little gains, some bigger gains. Patience is the key. It's now in a downtrend but I am convinced this will payback.

aniaqueen232

Postby aniaqueen232 » 21 Jan 2024, 23:18

Witness the intersection of finance and innovation at the london summit finance magnates. Connect with industry experts, discover emerging trends, and gain valuable insights that will shape the future of the financial sector.

Return to “The Lounge”