boy what a night

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

gnuuser
Berserk

boy what a night

Postby gnuuser » 02 May 2017, 21:52

boy when the storm hit last night i had to go out to help direct traffic due to roads flooding and trees down
(no one hurt in our area)
I stationed at an intersection where road flooded over.
I called my chief on the radio and told him where i was. and after that i couldn't call anyone due to so much radio traffic.
our company got 15 calls in the space of 1/2 hour and surrounding departments were busy as H3ll
so we were spread a bit thin.
funny part is people driving trucks and suv's were driving slow and careful but not the idiots in the small cars! :berserk2
seen more than a few hydroplane (the scared look on their faces was hilarious) :jackpot:
registered Linux user number 505431

miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: boy what a night

Postby viking60 » 02 May 2017, 21:59

Wow sounds dramatic ,
We need to see your

Code: Select all

inxi -w
when stuff like that happens :-D
Here it is all calm

Code: Select all

inxi -w
Weather:   Conditions: 54 F (12 C) - Clear Time: May 2, 10:56 PM CEST
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 02 May 2017, 23:06

tornado warnings, very windy, hail (about 20 mm in diameter) torrential downpour and temp around 42 degrees Fahrenheit.
I'll need to do some roof repair! lost a few shingles.
registered Linux user number 505431

miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 02 May 2017, 23:26

With the Global Warming we are going to get Freeze Burned :lol:

mariad

Postby mariad » 10 May 2017, 10:55

gnuuser wrote:boy when the storm hit last night i had to go out to help direct traffic due to roads flooding and trees down
(no one hurt in our area)
I stationed at an intersection where road flooded over.
I called my chief on the radio and told him where i was. and after that i couldn't call anyone due to so much radio traffic.
our company got 15 calls in the space of 1/2 hour and surrounding departments were busy as H3ll
so we were spread a bit thin.
funny part is people driving trucks and suv's were driving slow and careful but not the idiots in the small cars! :berserk2
seen more than a few hydroplane (the scared look on their faces was hilarious) :jackpot:

That is a wonderful job you did, and yes people do need to consider the situation while on road. But it is quite possible the people in small cars must have panicked for the reason they were in small cars and might get stuck.

Return to “The Lounge”