WikiLeaks Reveals "Marble": Proof CIA Disguises Their Hacks As Russian, Chinese, Arabic...

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

R_Head
Berserk

WikiLeaks Reveals "Marble": Proof CIA Disguises Their Hacks As Russian, Chinese, Arabic...

Postby R_Head » 31 Mar 2017, 14:59

WikiLeaks’ latest Vault 7 release contains a batch of documents, named ‘Marble’, which detail CIA hacking tactics and how they can misdirect forensic investigators from attributing viruses, trojans and hacking attacks to their agency by inserted code fragments in foreign languages. The tool was in use as recently as 2016. Per the WikiLeaks release:

"The source code shows that Marble has test examples not just in English but also in Chinese, Russian, Korean, Arabic and Farsi. This would permit a forensic attribution double game, for example by pretending that the spoken language of the malware creator was not American English, but Chinese, but then showing attempts to conceal the use of Chinese, drawing forensic investigators even more strongly to the wrong conclusion, --- but there are other possibilities, such as hiding fake error message"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-3 ... ese-arabic

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: WikiLeaks Reveals "Marble": Proof CIA Disguises Their Hacks As Russian, Chinese, Arabic...

Postby viking60 » 31 Mar 2017, 23:57

Yeah computers cannot be trusted anymore thanks to our American friends. (I never trusted the Russians or the Chinese, but I did trust the US in my young and naive days...)
No computer is safe anymore. Microsoft and Google are in on it and so is Apple.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “The Lounge”