The switch to Linux for security and privacy

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

The switch to Linux for security and privacy

Postby viking60 » 11 Feb 2017, 11:56

Here is the story of a guy switching to Linux for privacy and security:
My attitude quickly began to change in light of the reporting on the intelligence programs of the National Security Agency in the summer of 2013. The breadth of the online monitoring Edward Snowden revealed was unsettling, but it also underscored just how little most of us do -- or even know how to do -- to safeguard our own privacy.

Whereas before I previously gave no particular consideration to computers or their role in my personal affairs, I came to realize the critical importance of taking control of one's digital life, and of the devices that power it.

Well put and very true.

The complexity of our computers and phones is such that the average user gives up and this is exploited by our peeping Toms.

Naturally it is always "in your best interest" and "for your own good"...but you don't get to be a part in the decision of what exactly that is.

Some elite knows that better than you - so don't worry - be happy....Or learn some Linux! +1

more here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “The Lounge”