Mr Robot [TV Show]

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Mr Robot [TV Show]

Postby R_Head » 10 Jul 2016, 21:07

:lolup

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Jul 2016, 17:13

An update on this. He never paid restitution on this. I told the judge he wouldn't, too.
They have a warrant out for his arrest for it but I've heard nothing as to whether they've picked him up or not.
The DA's paralegal told me that they're not going to actively look for him, that they will have to actually pick him up for something, then get him for it then.
Some justice system. I thought he had already done something???

dedanna1029 wrote:Update:: They estimated what was stolen to be $1300 almost, and it still remained a misdemeanor, I can't remember why. The person who did it was given jail time; he pled guilty to each count. (Here's "justice" for you.) The judge suspended the jail time, and the person was ordered to pay restitution over four months and was placed on probation.

Here's the kicker: It turned out this person was already on probation in California for grand larceny, and had skipped it and landed here. There was an NCIS hit on him for it.

California may well still catch up to these charges here in Wyoming, and he could be extradited to there.

I tried hard to get the judge to see what could happen; the sub-human could either skip probation or be extradited, and I tried to get him not to suspend the jail time.

The judge's response? "Yeah, but I told him what would happen if he breaks the law in any way." Asshole. I'm sorry judge but HE ALREADY DID.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 12 Jul 2016, 22:20

I am not sure if Mr Robot can help....

Anyway... is all about money, always has and always will. They are not going to task a fulltime paid officer to find the scumbag. They will wait until is caught doing some stupid and then, will be arrested.

Mr Robot trailer, tomorrow 13 / Jul / 2016

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 26 Jul 2016, 00:19

Well, well, well.... Mr Robot uses Debian Linux. On the 2nd season, 1st episode you can see the command console and you can see clear Debian GNU.

Good PR for the community :jackpot

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 27 Jul 2016, 08:28

Yes a terrorist using Linux - giving the NSA ammunition. The already track Linux Journal readers. :mrgreen:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 27 Jul 2016, 12:57

In a way...

People have this tendency, if you tell them NO, the people will do it. For example, the cliche of "Do not push the red button", what people do? :lol: So, if a smart kid is using Linux it got to be good; monkey see, monkey do. :mrgreen: Pharmaceuticals does it all the time with their disclaimers at the end of their ads; "This stuff can kill you, order now!" :lol:

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 30 Jul 2016, 00:38

Not bad of a speech...

Return to “The Lounge”