Cancer Group Wants Surgeon General Warning

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Cancer Group Wants Surgeon General Warning

Postby dedanna1029 » 09 Jul 2012, 18:52

... that sodas cause cancer

So, discuss, and tell me, what the hell DOESN'T cause cancer any more???
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Cancer Group Wants Surgeon General Warning

Postby viking60 » 09 Jul 2012, 19:50

Fish Oil! and Blue berries :dance:
But in the end, death is certain and it needs a reason. So living is dangerous; you will die from it. :pray: Not even Fish oil and blue berries can help you there....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 09 Jul 2012, 21:51

Yup.

I'm just getting real tired of the "everything causes cancer" routine. Before we know it, we won't be able to eat or drink anything, and we'll die from hunger and dehydration instead. :p
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 10 Jul 2012, 12:34

Does not affect me; I do not drink Sodas.
Is more about the High Fructose Corn Syrup that is worse.

Cancer might be one in a few; other health problems such as obesity are more common based on that sweetener.

They are countless Ad Campaigns and Lobbying to pass Corn Syrup to be called Sugar.
The problem is that you cannot crystallize it, therefore cannot be called sugar.
That crap is added on most soft drinks or anything that needs to be sweet.

Most of the stuff is eaten in the USA has High Fructose Corn Syrup.

If you want a Coke, try to get Kosher Coke; usually comes around X-Mas. Is made with Sugar Cane.
Another one is Mexican Coke; it has Sugar as sweetener.

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 10 Jul 2012, 17:22

to clarify something
this is what an oncologist told us when my brother died from a brain tumor (a long time ago)
nothing causes cancer, every person in the world is born with cancer cells
what happens is that many things can act as a catalyst to a cancer cell including breathing.
when the bodies immune system decreases the chances increase that a catalyst may trigger a cancer cell to grow.
the problem is many people do not properly eat or properly rest, and tend to abuse their body and immune system
stress can be a major factor as well.
I know some people who smoke and drink that are in their late 80's and 90's (they are very healthy and active)
they have always been active people and that makes a lot of difference
a sedentary lifestyle leads to many problems including obesity, diabetes, advanced arthritis, phlebitis, and cardiological and pulmonary issues
we all need to be more active!

hey you know what may be a great idea lets set up health miles/kilometers charts for our forum :think:
(participation optional of course)
i wouldnt mind posting my info (weight, miles walked, etc.)
maybe we can do better to better our health :dance:
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 10 Jul 2012, 22:24

Well you have seen the film Free Willy?
Willy is my little brother so I could use the walk but I would prefer to swim.
Jokes aside: that is a good idea! What we need id a smartphone with Google maps and the distance will be monitored.

I will see what can be done chart wise. Going berserk and walking 3 kilometers per week should not scare anyone. I am in :s

And think about the fame we will get! We will be known worldwide as the healthy (Berserl) Geeks. Smart, good looking, and healthy - the world will kiss our feet +1
I feel like we are on a mission now -like the blues brothers - Geeks all over the world go berserk and get healty!!! :berserk2

And no dedanna - you are not allowed to smoke during the walk :mrgreen:
Think of the reward people - we will be:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 11 Jul 2012, 12:43

Who needs an application to walk?

Have fun with a map and a compass at the same time you will be learning some and walking at the same time.

My son is in the military and he told me that Land Navigation is taught with GPS. I told him that is the biggest load of crap I ever heard. They do not teach the use of a compass and maps any more. I learned that way and how to find my way around with just a compass and a map.

The simplest things sometimes are more rewarding to use. :T

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 11 Jul 2012, 13:50

hear hear :s
But having to register the mileage here is a good idea and an extra motivation.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 12 Jul 2012, 12:20

Never understand what is the need to be "connected"; why?

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 12 Jul 2012, 12:47

Bacause man is a flock animal and only a lone Wolf in his own mind :-D The lone Wolf thing is only interesting as long as there is a flock to admire it...

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 12 Jul 2012, 17:02

Going as a group like Lemmings :lol:

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 27 Sep 2012, 00:18

Anybody has any experience, how long patients are unable to return to their works after Fat Grafting surgery? And is this possible patient has any side effect after those procedures.
Thanks!!

that would depend on the individuals ability to tolerate pain. many surgeries require extended recuperation time depending on the tissues involved
while muscle tissue heals quickly nerves may take a while longer. (nerve cell reconnect or wake up can be very intense feeling from numbing to shocking pain)
i know some lipo patients often feel like they were hit by a truck with massive bruising and pain
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

Return to “The Lounge”