Offline for a bit, no b.s.

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Offline for a bit, no b.s.

Postby dedanna1029 » 03 Aug 2011, 04:46

I'm going back to school for my bachelor's in Information Technology and Information Systems. It will entail a long move to Colorado this weekend to Colorado Springs. I will be offline until I'm settled. Not sure how long that will be.

On another note, this will be my primary goal, is school, as it should be. I will only be here when I can be when attending. I have almost two years to my bachelor's, maybe less; I'm going to a technical school, and they are much more accelerated, so I'm not for sure if it will be that long or not. After that, I'm going to go for my teaching certification (teaching college; I refuse to battle the public school system here or anywhere, or the sh!ts we put in them). I intend to do this part in Europe (and no, I won't be back to the states after that; I'm staying over there).

Something had to break, as I've had no income for over a year now, living on 11th hour reprieves every month, and have been evicted from my apartment for non-payment of rent. Decided to borrow money, do whatever I have to do to move and do something with my life besides go nowhere, and break free of this rut. I'm running a risk of not making it there with the move, but I'm going to give it everything I can.

Take care guys, and thanks for everything.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Offline for a bit, no b.s.

Postby viking60 » 03 Aug 2011, 11:36

I wish you the best of luck.
My advise would be to baby step. One small step at a time. Identify the (nearby and achievable) target and get there. And then go for the next. If you do that you will be replacing Obama before you know it.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 03 Aug 2011, 13:30

Good luck K...

You might find some good to do in Manitou Springs ;)

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 Aug 2011, 02:44

Oh yeah. I know all about Manitu Springs. My mom lives in Woodland Park. Have wonderful Garden of the Gods pics. Will be leaving Sunday for CO Springs. Making dreams come true, no time for a step at a time. Inet's already down. Posting from my phone. Take care.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 04 Aug 2011, 15:34

I like Colorado Springs, lived 3 years there and is what I call my second home.
Always have good vibes from that place. Manitou Springs is like a Hippie Town.
Was funny to be for their Mardi Gras with all the Hemp stuff :lol:

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 13 Aug 2011, 20:04

After a one-week delay, I will be leaving tomorrow. I will be jumping straight into homelessness in Colorado Springs until school financial aid comes in in October, as there are no homeless facilities that can take me in. My furniture still hasn't sold so I have no funding for housing. I care not. I will be better off homeless for a time & going to school there, than I would be homeless in this barren hellhole here, even if I risk losing everything doing it, & land with nothing. Sometimes we have to pay the piper big time to get anywhere, & I expected to have to take drastic measures to get out of the situation I'm currently in. It will only be for a time anyway & there, I know I will have housing eventually, unlike here. Make no mistake. This is still literal hell I'm ignoring to do this. Right. So onward & upward to lose my ass. Take care.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 13 Aug 2011, 20:59

Though situation. I hope and believe that all will turn out right for you. You are a resourceful person
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 13 Aug 2011, 23:46

Thanks. Let's hope so. I've been unable to find resources to keep me going here. It all remains to be seen there.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 22 Aug 2011, 16:30

My wonderful arrogant mother has proudly & sadistically informed me that anti-homeless laws have been enacted & are being enforced there. What to do now for September is now totally up in the air. I'm almost ready to leave, & she tells me this now.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 16 Sep 2011, 03:04

Hey! How's everyone? A post to let you know that I'm finally out of nasty-@ss New Mexico, and am at Colorado Springs with school set to start Oct. 2nd! Web Development, Accounting, Business Management, among other things. Staying at the Salvation Army until I can get into a place. Get school books tomorrow so I'll have a jump-start. Hope everyone's well! GO Colorado Technical University! :) Will see bachelor's in just over a year in IT/IS, then on to teaching certification! Yay!!!
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 16 Sep 2011, 08:36

:B Go girl! That sounds really good. And if you need help you can ask Junior b1o.

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Postby rolf » 16 Sep 2011, 16:50

Good luck and good job! :s

Return to “The Lounge”