Well, you gotta say one thing for Google...

This is the forum where "spamming" is allowed. Companies may present and publish Linux related jobs here. Findings to that effect may be gathered here. And why not present yourself as a candidate if you are looking for a Linux related job?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508, dedanna1029

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Well, you gotta say one thing for Google...

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 Nov 2012, 03:45

Clickety-click!

I know where I'm applying when I get my degree.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Well, you gotta say one thing for Google...

Postby dedanna1029 » 08 Mar 2013, 13:12

Looks like it's not all roses for Google, in the Motorola realm... profits are down, and that means they can't afford staff, so... Google is to cut further 1,200 jobs at Motorola Mobility.
7:41am GMT

(Reuters) - Google's Motorola Mobility unit is to shed another 1,200 jobs or 10 percent of its workforce as the smartphone maker tries to return to profitability, Google said on Friday.

The lay-offs come on top of the 4,000 jobs cut at Motorola Mobility in August as Google seeks to make more smartphones and fewer simple handsets.

<snip>

Google bought the money-losing cellphone maker for $12.5 billion last year, its largest acquisition ever, aiming to use Motorola Mobility's armory of patents to fend off legal attacks on its Android mobile platform and expand beyond its software business.

But the acquisition raised concerns on Wall Street that Google was entering a business with much lower profit margins.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Linux jobs”