Our client in Colorado Springs is seeking a detail-oriented individual who can contribute to a software test team. They are looking for a self-described "computer tinkerer", and a quick learner who is looking for the right opportunity to expand their skills and be a part of a software test engineering team.
This role will consist of: Technician responsibilities, troubleshooting, computer repair, inventory, asset management and shipping/receiving.
This is great opportunity for individuals to gain experience in a test lab and in the storage industry.
1+ year of experience in:
No degree required. This position is not located in a warehouse.
To apply: e-mail Robert Youngs at [email protected].
Junior Systems Administrator namn01991
Reporting segment: Mining and Construction
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job description: The Junior Systems Administrator works directly with the Technology Development team and the System Architect in the Colorado Springs office to support the mission critical computing, data storage and networking resources required for large-scale multi-physics simulations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor firewalls.:
• Monitor and manage data arrays and tape backup systems.
• Administer multiple operating systems including Enterprise Linux and Windows Server.
• Manage local and remote network and server access and permissions, and provide on-call service to users.
• Work under the direct supervision of the System Architect to become proficient in
o Programing in administrative languages (tsh, bash, csh, etc).
o Modifying configurations at the OS Kernel level, modifying configurations for specific hardware.
o Programming higher level codes in C or fortran, Python.
• As required:
o Input into the development and implementation of technologies required for reliable infrastructure.
o Automate server processes.
o Other duties as assigned.
• Reports to the Operations Manager, Technology Development
Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• B.S. or Technical Diploma in Computer Science.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience as a user and administration of Linux and Windows Server operating systems.
• Network and firewall administration theory, experience a plus.
• Experience with highly parallel computing environments, with kernel optimization as a plus.
• Working knowledge of enterprise data management and backup practices; experience with the “Bacula” data recovery system a plus
• Database experience a plus
• Strong communication, cooperation, interpersonal and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfacesWe offer: A competitive benefits package and challenging work opportunities.
• Fluency in English communications (verbal and written) essential;
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet the deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere;
• Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time, and organizing, prioritizing tasks and working in a fast paced environment. Ability to develop project execution strategies and processes;
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear;
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance;
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds;
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Metso is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies.
To apply go to : http://metso.com/corporation/careers_eng.nsf/WebWID/WTB-090527-22575-87D38?OpenDocument
Keep in mind, this is for those in and around the Colorado Springs area; however, it can also be for those willing to relocate to Colorado Springs.