Wikipedia seeks women writers

This is the forum where "spamming" is allowed. Companies may present and publish Linux related jobs here. Findings to that effect may be gathered here. And why not present yourself as a candidate if you are looking for a Linux related job?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508, dedanna1029

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Wikipedia seeks women writers

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 Jan 2011, 18:45

Wikipedia is to mount an effort to recruit more women contributors, after research found more than 85 per cent of articles are written by men.

Clickey clickey
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Wikipedia seeks women writers

Postby R_Head » 31 Jan 2011, 21:40

Interesting, I was under the impression that Women was the bigger group.

To be honest, IMHO Information has no sex, so to me is kind of worthless info on what gender post more than other.

What I will truly encourage is for more accurate info.

Wikipedia is not an 100% trustworthy site but is pretty darn close to the reality.

Most of the ranting and bashing when you go to comments, is more about grammar on what kind of writing style is used.
And that is subjective.

I edited posts on the Wikipedia before, even as a test, posted some bogus info to see if people are really watching. To my surprise, someone already fixed some that I changed the way it was before. Also, depends on which topic are you messing with and hit counts.

They should encourage more people to write honestly than bringing more of one kind of people. :mrgreen:

Return to “Linux jobs”