Microsoft is interested in buying Yahoo - again

Business as usual?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Microsoft is interested in buying Yahoo - again

Postby viking60 » 29 Mar 2016, 10:18

Microsoft made a hostile bid to take over Yahoo in 2008 for $45 Billion. This bid was not accepted because Yahoo meant it did not reflect the true value of the company even if it was 62 % over the estimated market value at the time. Microsoft added another $5 Billion to the offer with no success.

Marissa Mayer was headhunted from Google in 2012 to turn things around and ensure Yahoo growth ,but that did not happen.

As a result; Stockholders moved to remove Mayer and the entire board.

The deadline for making an offer is April 11th and Microsoft is interested again to keep up in the "search mail and news" market where Google and Facebook are leading.

The sum in question is $16 Billion lower than the offer made in 2008. Microsoft is interested in dividing Yahoo and selling off the parts from Yahoo that they don't need to third parties.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Microsoft is interested in buying Yahoo - again

Postby R_Head » 30 Mar 2016, 00:08

Yahoo ! Is dying a slow death....

MS wants the search engine more than anything else, the news, email, personnals and IM might be some cool addons. If I was MS CEO, will rather sells those off and get some money back while they still relevant.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Microsoft is interested in buying Yahoo - again

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Jun 2017, 15:44

If flickr is ever owned by M$, I'll pull my account.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Business”