Apple, now more valuable than Microsoft

Business as usual?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Apple, now more valuable than Microsoft

Postby viking60 » 27 May 2010, 12:59

Apple is now bigger than Microsoft.

As of Wednesday, Wall Street valued Apple at $222.12 billion and Microsoft at $219.18 billion. The only American company valued higher is Exxon Mobil, with a market capitalization of $278.64 billion.

Apple bigger than Microsoft

This could well be the end of an era.
Nothing to be happy about, but Microsoft's patent laden strategy has made them a law firm. The core business (if they ever had one) is replaced with politics and war. War on Linux, together with extortion (Novell).

Ballmer is now against the capitalist barometer of Wall street and labels it insignificantly.
"On any given day, the stock market is a voting machine,’’ he said, and only ‘‘in the long run is it a weighing machine."

Microsoft depends more on maintaining the status quo, while Apple is in a constant battle to one-up itself and create something new, said Peter A. Thiel, the co-founder of PayPal and an early investor in Facebook. “Apple is a bet on technology,” he said. “And Apple beating Microsoft is a very significant thing.”
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

gnuuser
Berserk

Re: Apple, now more valuable than Microsoft

Postby gnuuser » 19 Aug 2010, 00:24

and the funny thing is most of the apple computers are very rugged
(except for the Imac had one fall from the desk and impact the lower drawer and it shattered the back of the crt)
also have a g4 sitting on the shelf in the shop ( Its built like a tank )
my only complaint Ive ever had against apples is the exorbitant cost of everything
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 19 Aug 2010, 00:31

gnuuser wrote:my only complaint Ive ever had against apples is the exorbitant cost of everything

Yes you have to pay for your successful lifestyle too :D The marketing is working though.
For me the cost of the Apple is a major negative argument.
But as long as most people disagree (by buying one), I cannot blame Apple for it.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 19 Aug 2010, 00:42

the ones in my shop were ones people were getting rid of
I cannot stand the idea of any computer being shipped to a landfill so I refurbish them and give them to the handicapped people in our area
or kids I know who need a computer
keeps me out of trouble I think :lol:
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Aug 2010, 00:44

gnuuser wrote:the ones in my shop were ones people were getting rid of
I cannot stand the idea of any computer being shipped to a landfill so I refurbish them and give them to the handicapped people in our area
or kids I know who need a computer
keeps me out of trouble I think :lol:

Good going. :D :s +1
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Business”