Things go better with Coke.

Business as usual?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Things go better with Coke.

Postby rolf » 23 May 2013, 10:17

:) The more seasoned Berserks might recognize that slogan from about a half century ago.

India and Pakistan do not like each other.

Ever since their split in 1947, the two countries have had a relationship that is angry at it's best, and deadly at it's worst. Pretty much any small glimmer of cooperation or communication between the two countries would be a step in the right direction.

Enter Coca-Cola, an unlikely diplomat in the conflict. Coca-Cola placed two vending machines with two-way displays at heavily populated points in Lahore, Pakistan, and New Delhi, India, through which people could wave to each other, make funny faces, dance, and trace peace symbols and happy faces too.

Whether it's genuine humanity or a cheesy publicity stunt, I think it's safe to say that anything positive between these two feuding nations is good, so maybe the soda behemoth deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Let us know what you think!

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Things go better with Coke.

Postby viking60 » 23 May 2013, 14:05

I quite like it. CocaCola unites us... :-D I am sure Marlboro will follow...
Still - it is a good idea and brilliant marketing - those CocaCola guys know what they are doing. Makes us focus on the positive effects rather than the sugar and the acid :-D
ImageBut peace beats good teeth -every time +1
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

jkerr82508
Guru-Berserk

Postby jkerr82508 » 23 May 2013, 15:07

I suspect that the religious extremists, in both countries, who cause most of the trouble between India and Pakistan, probably don't drink Coca Cola. They are more likely to attempt to destroy the machine, (as a symbol of Western decadence) rather than use it as a means of reconciliation.

Jim

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 23 May 2013, 15:22

Well I have not seen much religious extremism in India. On the Pakistani side and in Kashmir (muslim majority in the region) there is plenty.
Osama Bin Laden was clearly in Pakistan with some semi official protection and so are the fanatic Taliban guys.

But Having been trained by the CIA I bet Osama did drink CocaCola.
It didn't do much for his love of peace though....Strange! I thought we had established that CocaCola would do that :think:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 May 2013, 05:26

jkerr82508 wrote:I suspect that the religious extremists, in both countries, who cause most of the trouble between India and Pakistan, probably don't drink Coca Cola. They are more likely to attempt to destroy the machine, (as a symbol of Western decadence) rather than use it as a means of reconciliation.

Jim

+1 :lol:

I'd be happy if they did destroy the machine. The west needs that kind of rebellion against the U.S.' form of "democracy" spreading 'round the world with its body-killing McD's and Coke crapola.

FYI, viking, you'd be surprised on India.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Business”