Microsoft raided by Tax authorities in France

Business as usual?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Microsoft raided by Tax authorities in France

Postby viking60 » 05 Jul 2012, 17:25

One week ago the Microsoft head office in France was raided by 67 tax officers and 30 policemen. Microsoft claims that it all is just a routine inspection and that they cooperate with the authorities - like always.
Yeah right - those French people must have strange routines....
It might also have something to do with internal invoicing.
Let us assume that the low tax countries Irland and the US send Invoices to the high tax country France - That would reduce the profit and leave nothing to pay taxes of in France -right?
That is what the French so routinely suspect +1 according to the French newspaper Le Canard Enchainé.
It remains to be seen if this is a French envy of the tax money that Microsoft pay in Irland and the US - or if Microsoft actively has channeled profit away from France - in an illegal way.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Microsoft raided by Tax authorities in France

Postby viking60 » 20 Sep 2012, 11:00

I thought it was time for a follow up here by now...but it seems that the Tax authorities in France are working slowly....Or that they have dropped the case :confused
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Business”