Bandwidth Throttling! Here is the Solution.

Every day solutions to every day challenges. + Brilliant stuff

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

Forum rules
Please feel free to post your tip it does not have to be advanced. Also ask questions directly related to the tip here. But do not start new threads with questions or ask for help here. That is what the help section is for. forum rules:

Bandwidth Throttling! Here is the Solution.

Postby mariad » 04 Dec 2017, 14:33

I am pissed off a lot with this Bandwidth Throttling while surfing the internet, Bandwidth throttling is a purposeful slowing of available bandwidth.In other words, and in general, it's an intentional lowering of the "speed" that's typically available over an Internet connection.Bandwidth throttling can happen at various places on your device (like your computer or smartphone) and the website or service that you're using over the Internet.

Why does it happen?

You as the user of an Internet connection or service rarely benefit from bandwidth throttling.
Very simply, bandwidth throttling means limiting how fast you can access something when online.
Companies along the path between you and your web-based destination, on the other hand, often have much to gain from bandwidth throttling.

For example, an ISP might throttle bandwidth during certain times of the day to decrease congestion over their network, which lowers the amount of data they have to process at once, saving them the need to buy more and faster equipment to handle Internet traffic at that level.
While very controversial, ISPs also sometimes throttle bandwidth only when the traffic on the network is of a certain kind or from a certain website. For example, an ISP might throttle the bandwidth of a user only when heavy amounts of data is being downloaded from Netflix or uploaded to a torrent website.
Sometimes, too, an ISP will throttle all types of traffic for a user after a certain threshold has been reached.

To find out if you are experiencing any ISP-related performance degradation or want to bypass it on different devices then, simply click the link below

Final Verdict
Throttling maybe a growing issue these days, but, it is nothing that a VPN can’t solve. Netizens around the world are using robust VPN services to bypass throttling techniques deployed by ISPs. Torrent downloaders, online VoD streaming fans and even routine browsing users’ can use a VPN to ensure the ISP is not tracking and slowing down their connection.

Take the throttling test above and see if your ISP throttles your internet. In case they do, check out our tested VPN services to bypass throttling and choose the best one for your region.

I hope you find this article helpful.

Re: Bandwidth Throttling! Here is the Solution.

Postby viking60 » 04 Dec 2017, 21:30

Helpful indeed! Thanks :s

Just remember that avoiding throttling not necessarily secures your privacy since the ISP can still spoof the sites you visit via the plain text DNS request.

For this you need DNS traffic to be encrypted too.

I use (Free) Touch VPN ( not recommending it - just using it right now)+ DNScrypt
DNS Leaking" happens when your system, even after you've connected to a a VPN or anonymity network like Tor, continues to query your ISP's DNS servers every time you visit a new website, connect to a new server, or fire up a new internet-connected application. Ultimately, it means that even though your traffic is encrypted, your ISP—or worse, anyone snooping on the "last mile" of your internet connection (aka, the network between your computer and your ISP)—can clearly see everything you connect to you're going on the internet and every site you visit on the web

:A ... -510386189
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Re: Bandwidth Throttling! Here is the Solution.

Postby Rockalbert » 23 Dec 2017, 15:51

This was really helpful....thanks.
But still I have some stuff I don't understand...

Return to “Tips & Tricks”