The phone might be smart -but...

Not the Beatles record company. Not the fruit.. What could it be...

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

The phone might be smart -but...

Postby viking60 » 22 Sep 2012, 10:44

ImageIt is a tradition -like Christmas: When there is a new iPhone then it is customary to sleep in the streets in front of an Apple store. The homeless are grateful for this tradition because it gives them an excuse to sleep in the streets in even fashionable areas.
The quality of the product does not seem to matter. Here are two fine representatives for the IT industry:

Eamon Yates, 26, and his friend Ben Paton, 25, both employed in the IT industry, and third and fourth in the queue, had been sitting in the Covent Garden Piazza for 29 hours by this afternoon and had booked time off work to do so.

"We both work for the same company and we've both taken three days off for this and I think that's one of the things that a lot of people don't realise.

"They think you must be on benefits or a bum, but no, no, I've taken time off, I've made the effort, I want to do this, this is what I want to do with my time," said Mr Paton.

They are pretty smart too - because rumor has it that their employer is willing to pay huge amounts to them for not reveling what company they are working for (If it was my company I would certainly pay!)

It has been revealed that the insurance companies have a landslide of lost and stolen iPhones every time Apple launches a new model - this is strange because Apple fans are very aware about illegal copying of Apple patents and the likes, so they would never want to lower themselves to become crocks (-like say...... Samsung).
And that would make Apple finaced by.....criminal activity :shock:

Sleeping in the streets - yes! but stealing from the Insurance companies to fill the Apple cash register? No they would never do that - even if Apple could use the money....

And Imagine the feeling of Hazem Sayed who spent 8 days (!) in front of the Apple store on Fifth Avenue in New York, when he cam out of the store and received applause from the hundreds still waiting in line.... Not only did he get the iPhone, he even got famous for it. Give him a few days and his teeth will become whiter he will become more successful and he will definitely smell better. +1
Officially he spent 8 days in line but he did pay 900$ for the spot to a student so maybe there is a bit of marketing involved here too. Hazem's company makes Apple Apps and he did not fail to mention it....

There is only one thing that does not compute here:
Samsung sells more smartphones with the Android system - and I have never heard of anyone having to sleep outside to get one - how can that be?
Näh - that must be wrong, Apple is the greatest.

Smart people these Apple fans.... and smartphone too.....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: The phone might be smart -but...

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Sep 2012, 23:19

Please, be considerate of the homeless. Thanks.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Apple”