Why Intel sucks

Hardware tips and talk

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Why Intel sucks

Postby viking60 » 14 Jul 2018, 13:18

Since Intel decided to deliver crappy CPU's that allow anyone with knowledge and access to spy on any Intel computer in the world - I have experienced some problems.

It makes a lot of sense to do what the CEO did and sell Intel stocks given the poor quality (or deliberate backdoor ?) that Intel has provided and thus making every Intel computer insecure. :berserk2

To mend the crappy hardware Intel has released several firmware updates that work around the CPU problem and this firmware update causes problems here:

From time to time my Network simply stops. Nothing works and my computer might even hang with caps lock blinking which requires a brutal hardware reboot.

The Intel hardware problem is complex but it is clear that the Firmware is not always clean.

I did this to check:
I checked my network with

Code: Select all

inxi -N
and found out that my driver was ath10k_pci
Then I did a

dmesq | grep ath10k

..and here is (part of) what I got

[69472.320614] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: firmware crashed! (guid 4276aaa6-2fc8-4681-8f77-a06bf74045ed)

:berserkf

Thanks Intel!

The Linux kernel is clever enough to recover the device during boot but not always after the system "wakes up" from some power saving mode.
This is probably the reason for my "hang ups" that ocure from time to time.

..And maybe it is not :think: ...but I think Intel sucks anyway :mrgreen:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

gnuuser
Berserk

Re: Why Intel sucks

Postby gnuuser » 21 Jul 2018, 03:12

i believe its time for class action suits to be filed against these companies and force them to replace the cpu's or the computer mobo's :berserk2
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 22 Jul 2018, 12:22

+1 You are absolutely right! If this would be a German car manufacturer then it would have happened already... eh it has happened already.

I fail to see how VW screwed up more than Intel. So I wonder why all those american lawyers are sleeping here. They tend to be pretty trigger happy in these cases.

...Unless the government is involved of course; they have dynamic agencies that can motivate....

But fear not; we can count on President Trump to tell us the truth since he had a meeting with the Intel CEO some months before the news popped.

If he can keep his "woulds" and "would nots" straight
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 22 Jul 2018, 13:37

With so much fake news thrown out who can trust what any media is says?
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 23 Jul 2018, 14:43

The VW debacle was a retaliation of the US against the Germans. They bypassed the so called sanctions by building a plant in Russia. Shortly after they opened, Dieselgate came out. Coincidence? I think not!

Same with the obsolete NATO BS. Defending Europe against the Russian Boogieman and then buying oil, gas and selling goods and services to them. Talk about a double standard deal...

On Intel, will see what comes out of it. Is all about money and/or control.

Return to “Hardware”