MS Surface is the worst Laptop

Hardware tips and talk

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

MS Surface is the worst Laptop

Postby viking60 » 10 Aug 2017, 22:23

Consumer Reports does not recommend Microsoft Surface anymore because it is the most likely Laptop to break.
Apple tops the list.
CR matters in the US market so this is bad news for MS who surprisingly do not agree with CR's conclusions;
Microsoft’s real-world return and support rates for past models differ significantly from Consumer Reports’ breakage predictability,” Microsoft said in an emailed statement. “We don’t believe these findings accurately reflect Surface owners’ true experiences or capture the performance and reliability improvements made with every Surface generation

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: MS Surface is the worst Laptop

Postby R_Head » 11 Aug 2017, 00:54

CR... you got the money, you get the ratings :lol:

I have Dell laptops over 10 yrs old without a single flaw; beside been old. :mrgreen:

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 11 Aug 2017, 09:18

Yeah but I guess that Microsoft has got the money though. :confused
I would never dream of buying Microsoft dedicated hardware because it is likely to shut out every other OS.

Apple had problems with CR too but fixed the problems with CR and ended up on top - I guess they have more money than MS....

I don't take that rating too seriously either. Lenovo is known to be Linux friendly and does work fine here so far but ironically all "problems" rated in CR would probably be Windows related.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 12 Aug 2017, 23:06

The Empire strikes back :starwars2
Microsoft stands behind Surface so CR is wrong....
The Surface Team’s mission is and has always been to make devices that deliver great experiences to our customers and fans. It’s the motivation for everything we do, and we are proud of the Surface devices we have built.

there that showed them. +1

MS produces statistics that show that consumers are extremely satisfied with surface... so that ends that discussion....

I know it because MS has told me again and again that I can trust them...

I would surely buy a Surface if it booted Linux... :tux5: We all know that MS love Linux and that we can trust them...so why not?

More here

davidalex01

Postby davidalex01 » 18 Mar 2023, 04:10

My Surface Book 3's battery is malfunctioning. While the battery is at 0% and the "charging" message is not visible when I plug in the charger, the charging icon shows up appropriately in the lower right corner. I require a new battery, but I am unable to locate a trustworthy supplier. I'm in France, and I've seen various websites, but some users gripe that their batteries are subpar and prone to blowing up after prolonged use. Also, the PC has gotten so slow that using it while plugged in is difficult.https://techemirate.com/fildo-for-pc-windows-mac/

Return to “Hardware”