effing drones

Hardware tips and talk

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

gnuuser
Berserk

effing drones

Postby gnuuser » 11 Sep 2015, 17:15

:f :f :f i used to think that all the fluff about drones was a bit silly until the neighbour kid was hovering a drone outside our bedroom window!
our bedroom is on the second floor and the window is obscured by a tree in the front yard
the only way to see into it would be to climb on the front porch roof or use a drone
boy was the wife really pissed
(my wife being deaf would not have known about it but my hearing is excellent)
seems like the little creep was going to post videos on facebook!
when i confronted his parents about it his father blew a gasket. :berserkf
he smashed the drone , the kids computer, and his cell phone! along with apologising for the little turd actions

now i see why some people want to shoot them down

you know imho
search and rescue services yes!
police (with some restriction yes!
everyone else HELL NO!

i think anyone getting a drone should be registered and get a pilots license for the drone, including filing flight plans
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Re: effing drones

Postby Snorkasaurus » 11 Sep 2015, 17:54

One of my neighbours is selling her house and the real estate agent flew a drone over her house to take video. Unfortunately that means he captured video of the surrounding houses [including mine] at the same time. What he did is entirely illegal here in Canada and yet I am quite doubtful he'll even be fined. Sadly, we live in a world where not enough people are willing to "rock the boat" and lodge complaints about this sort of behaviour. :-(

s.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 11 Sep 2015, 18:13

It is escalating all the time. Google glasses, so that you cannot act silly in your favourite bar anymore, drones so you cannot be naked in your own bedroom.
There are no private spots left anymore.

Human right or not - there is no privacy.

And even if you would not dream of publishing anything about yourself on the internet; plenty of others will.

Here are my good friends snork and gnu while ....etc etc

No malice - just thoughtlessness.

I liked that father though - that is one junior that has learned a lesson - 4 billions to go....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Postby Snorkasaurus » 11 Sep 2015, 18:33

I actually tried calling Transport Canada to make a complaint and they are apparently closed. Must be nice to not have to work Friday afternoons. *rolls eyes*
s.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 11 Sep 2015, 19:51

Get used to it... will be the norm, just to keep you safe.

Need to think the possibilities... terrorism, someone might be cooking a device, raping, killings... the perpetrator can be charge with pre-crime.

Yes, is going to be very disturbing.....

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 16 Sep 2015, 12:41

It already is.
I've been watching videos of drones and robot police going into people's homes... I'll kill the motha fookers first before they ever enter a home of mine. I don't care what the deal is. It ain't gonna happen. I'll die first.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Hardware”