Raspberry pi - the fastest selling British computer

Hardware tips and talk

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Raspberry pi - the fastest selling British computer

Postby viking60 » 18 Feb 2015, 16:07

Raspberry Pi is the fastes selling British computer maybe with the exeption for the good old Amstrad in the 80'ies

:drummer
They have sold over 5 million, and the good thing is that since they are a non profit organisation they now have a ton of money to train teachers and fulfill the main target of Raspberry Pi; Education.

It will be able to run Windows 10 since Microsoft has been cooperating closely with Raspberry Pi and they will make Windows10 free for developers.
You will have to accept the prison entry conditions and register on their site first though.

It may be questionable for the education purpose to go for proprietary software because you never know when they want to make money on it again.

In any case I highly doubt that Win10 will be as good on it as Linux.
The internet of things is Linux driven - in this arena Microsoft is the novice.

It is a good thing that most OS'es are available for this little computer though It is about to step out of the Geek territory and become mainstream.

I have installed Alarm on mine and it works like a charm now.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Hardware”