PS3 for the blu ray player

Hardware tips and talk

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

herenjhax

PS3 for the blu ray player

Postby herenjhax » 05 Nov 2013, 11:45

Im thinking of getting myself a PS3 sometime soon. I already have a 360 but I want PS3 for the blu ray player and because of some of the exclusive games the system gets. Basically I have heard that online play isn't anywhere nearly as good as on the 360. For example with battlefield 3, there are many games where there aren't enough players in a game..problems like that. Appreciate any advice you can give.
Last edited by herenjhax on 08 Nov 2013, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

R_Head
Berserk

Re: PS3 for the blu ray player

Postby R_Head » 05 Nov 2013, 17:54

Dear Spammer if any :greetings

I have a PS3 and despite the XBox. To be honest I am not a gamer but the Blue Ray on the PS3 is really good.

Blue Ray Vs DVD:

You can see a movie on both.
DVD are cheaper than Blue Ray.
If you do not have a High Definition TV and Stereo the Blue Ray has a marginal gain over DVD.
You need a Blue Ray player to read Blue Ray and can read DVD; but DVD players cannot read Blue Ray.
Blue Ray holds more data so more junk previews, commercials (yes, commercials/ads/spam), government propaganda (Intellectual Property crap the Gov has no business to mess with) and other undesirable BS that I do not really care for.

Is the eternal paradox of what is better, is the same as what is better VHS or Beta.
I chose DVD for the simple fact that discs are cheap, more players and burners at a cheaper price and I can backup my movies and view them on cheap discs without the risk of loosing or destroying the originals. Another reason the Blue Ray is not that important is that Streaming services are getting better with High Definition. So why bother hauling around a case with discs? My PS3 is my only Blue Ray player in the house and is used (Blue Ray feature) very seldom because I can watch a DVD in High Definition for half the price to rent or buy compared to a Blue Ray.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 05 Nov 2013, 21:55

Wrong section of the forum this is posted to. Should be in gaming, since that's the main theme of the post. I've been keeping an eye on this one since they signed up here, but so far Kali's only moderately pissed off because the post is hardware too.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 05 Nov 2013, 23:33

Well I moved it to hardware - it was even more off before... :-D
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Hardware”